Where is 1.1?

Some of you guys are so impatient, as they say on other forums - "It'll be ready when its ready"... :p can't you find something else to do till its released like play a game or maybe watch a TV series or if your really bored watch some TV (with annoying adverts).

To the later - falls asleep... zzzzzzzz (y)

Another boring jab at the fans.

Clamoring for the next release says something about the product. If I was a XF developer, I'd worry when people stopped clamoring for the next release. This is normal. This is good! Let it be. You go watch TV.

Another boring jab at the fans.

Clamoring for the next release says something about the product. If I was a XF developer, I'd worry when people stopped clamoring for the next release. This is normal. This is good! Let it be. You go watch TV.
Oh I dunno. Not so long back, people on vB were clamouring for the next release because the previous one was so poor. It can mean either.... :o

Don't confuse fanboyisms with site admins that are looking forward seeing which plugins they can uninstall, which new things they might need to address, and how their future site might be operating - with improvements or not. It helps them review if they should upgrade or not - and in the meantime give feedback back to the team here.

The one night I was booked to do an overnight 70 mile bike ride - and 1.1 gets it's first airing. DANG!

Well done gents; I'm now looking forward to seeing if we can get CycleChat moved over in the coming months. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

The one night I was booked to do an overnight 70 mile bike ride - and 1.1 gets it's first airing. DANG!

Well done gents; I'm now looking forward to seeing if we can get CycleChat moved over in the coming months. (y)

Cheers,

That will teach you for becoming involved in a social activity that is good for your heart, lungs, muscles and gets you out in the fresh air now wont it? :P

Ignore feature; completely removed the ignored person's content (with a linky at the bottom right to display it if you chose). Neat. (y)

One suggestion though; if you chose to SHOW the ignored content, can it remembered by the whilst you remain in that thread? At the moment multi-page threads are going to require a scroll-down and click, then a scroll back up again to read the page, then a repeat of that for each further page in the thread (click/scroll intensive if you've reading a big thread).

Cheers,

That will teach you for becoming involved in a social activity that is good for your heart, lungs, muscles and gets you out in the fresh air now wont it? :p

:ROFLMAO: ... true! It's quite a sight for car drivers to see; 40 well-lit cyclists coming towards them at 4am in the pitch dark ... they invariable slow down just because they can't believe their eyes.

The Full-English breakfast went down well at the finish though. Yum!! (y)

Sorry ... back on topic ... this 1.1 thing that's being put through its paces ... any good? :notworthy:

Sorry ... back on topic ... this 1.1 thing that's being put through its paces ... any good? :notworthy:

Yeah not bad for a starter forum :P ..... Ya know, latest technology, innovative features, decent design methodology built by the 2 experts in forum software that other muppets think wont beat their software to a pulp.

One suggestion though; if you chose to SHOW the ignored content, can it remembered by the whilst you remain in that thread? At the moment multi-page threads are going to require a scroll-down and click, then a scroll back up again to read the page, then a repeat of that for each further page in the thread (click/scroll intensive if you've reading a big thread).
You could always try not ignoring them ;)

I've never really understood why people use ignore but then click the link to read anyway...

This is very exciting, 1.1 is going to allow us all to develop our forums into AMAZING communities with all of these much needed features coming to fruition...

GREAT work Kier and xF staff!

Nah I used to ignore a number of right annoying (for want of a much ruder word) guys who in about 90% of threads ruined the whole things and made them divisive and a pain to read, but occasionally they'd get involved in a thread discussion where they actually had knowledge of the subject at hand and would post a lot and it's useful then to be able to see what they posted. Although rare the option to see an ignored persons posts is important.

I am not sure if this has been discussed. But is there any news on "Searching Threads" being included within the release? It's really a bother that you can't search a thread for a particular word or phrase to see if it has the information you need. Don't want to sound ungrateful for all of the work put into 1.1, but is that a 1.2 thing?

I am not sure if this has been discussed. But is there any news on "Searching Threads" being included within the release? It's really a bother that you can't search a thread for a particular word or phrase to see if it has the information you need. Don't want to sound ungrateful for all of the work put into 1.1, but is that a 1.2 thing?

Sounds a bit niche when you can accomplish the "particular word" part with Ctrl + F.

Top Bottom