Where is 1.1?

Custom Profile Fields & Thread Prefix
And for xf.com => ignore feature

Everything else is nice to have and usable but thread prefix and custom profile fields are a "must have" for many of my forums.

Amen. I *need* those features, badly. Can't launch without them. :-(

Don't mistake excitement for impatience though. Excitement about a future release is good. :)

Indeed! Although with a certain competing forum system, I found it hard to get excited over excessive bloat. :D

I'm planning to move a big-board to XF. I can't even consider the technical aspect until I know what's in 1.1, and even then may need more (or something specific) and have to wait a little longer, but that's okay - I'm willing to wait - you know why? Because I know that when it comes it'll be good and will, well, just work!!!

I am thinking of pitching the idea of moving our big board vB 3.x forum over to XF. Thread prefixes are good to have (we need them in our Marketplace area), but the big sticking points for me were a big-board search (covered here with Sphinx) and iTrader (which also has an XF add-on now). There were some minor permissions or member management issues with 1.0, so I will be curious to see what new control 1.1 offers.

No rush though--I'm so busy right now that I'm behind on several projects!

Indeed! Although with a certain competing forum system, I found it hard to get excited over excessive bloat. :D

I am thinking of pitching the idea of moving our big board vB 3.x forum over to XF. Thread prefixes are good to have (we need them in our Marketplace area), but the big sticking points for me were a big-board search (covered here with Sphinx) and iTrader (which also has an XF add-on now). There were some minor permissions or member management issues with 1.0, so I will be curious to see what new control 1.1 offers.

No rush though--I'm so busy right now that I'm behind on several projects!

may I have a look at your website? would like to see how your marketplace works.
many thanks!

In case you weren't aware, a different solution will be available for big board search.

Yes sir, already knew, but didn't know if it will be in 1.1 or not. (I've been too busy to surf the messages here much.) At least if it weren't ready, I could still fall back on Sphinx until it is. Being twice covered is a good thing. :)

Now I just wish 1.1 would have an "idiot filter" for some of the members.... :D

may I have a look at your website? would like to see how your marketplace works.
many thanks!

It's not publicly visible--we had too many problems with users signing up just to shill sell items on the forum.

All we have is a forum area with three sections: Classifieds (where members post items for sale, or post want lists or trades), a "discussions" area for talking about selling- and collecting-related topics, and a "third party sales" area where we let members link to outside auctions at eBay, listing at Amazon, etc. The only place we use thread prefixes is in Classifieds, where we use "FS" (for sale), "FT" (for trade) and "WTB" (wanting to buy). iTrader handles feedback. And, that's about it! We use promotions in vB to trigger Marketplace access after both 50 posts and 30 days membership has passed.

Not for long. I'm armed with three of the black "bomb" birds and the "big brother" red bird...I'm ready to be blastin' me some bacon!
I know it's off topic (
rofl.gif
!!), but I can help if you want. I have 3 stars on all levels including level 6.17.

I know it's off topic (
rofl.gif
!!), but I can help if you want. I have 3 stars on all levels including level 6.17.

I have NO idea how you figured out I play Angry Birds.
<-------
None whatsoever! :D

I actually hit all three games whenever I have spare time, and depending on the mood I'm in. Lately I'm working on getting all of the golden pineapples in the Smuggler's Den episode of AB Rio. Some of the Seasons levels are tough!

I keep hoping they put this out for the Wii. It's a natural for it. But we'd have everyone in the house fighting over it then. (I had to put it on all of our computers here since I wanted my Droid back. :D )

I know it's off topic (
rofl.gif
I currently take some pride in being number 14 of around 7,100,000 players in Angry Birds Free o_O pure madness, I know. Sorry for another off topic post, though.

I don't have the patience like I used to. Today, I'm happy just to be able to get through a level! :D Go back 10-20 years though, and I'm the one playing Super Mario (in whatever form) or Legend of Zelda until 3am..

Top Bottom