When typing a new message, where is the "title" code/tag?

I've changed the title position on my forum and it works well... apart from when typing a new message, the "title" preview breaks and is in the wrong place.

You can see how I've moved the title by looking on the forum here: http://oxleywoodsliving.co.uk/forum

I'd like to control where the "title preview" appears, but not sure how/where that's injected in to the HTML. Can anyone help.

Image attached to show the text I'm taking about...

titlebit.webp

It looks like it's this part of the thread_create template:
Code:
            <dd><input type="text" name="title" class="textCtrl titleCtrl" id="ctrl_title_thread_create" maxlength="100" autofocus="true"
                placeholder="{xen:phrase thread_title}..." value="{$title}"
                data-liveTitleTemplate="{xen:phrase create_thread}: <em>%s</em>" /></dd>
The data-liveTitleTemplate controls the 'live' part of that form.

Wait, hold on. That's where I enter the text, but what about where it's appearing above, that's what I want to control. At the moment that's appearing in a quite random position in my header. Any ideas?

Ah that's where it gets trickier :)

There's a Javascript function called XenForo.LiveTitle in js/xenforo/full/xenforo.js which rewrites the <h1> tag with the title as you type it.
But what <h1> tag? That comes from the page_container_content_title_bar template.
Now how you move that without breaking every other page, I'll leave as an exercise for you...

(which means I have no idea).

Top Bottom