1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on alert when a new message is posted

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by oloman, Jul 2, 2014.

1. oloman

oloman Active Member

Hi dear developpers,

I'd like an add-on to get an alert box (left bottom for example) who displays the last post anywhere in the forum.

The problem when you are at the home page: nothing happens. maybe there is a hot topic somewhere, the place to be, but you don't know.

With an alert box who says:

The topic of the thread
    The last post here

The box should disappear after some seconds.
    And a new alert box will be display when a new message is posted.

I hope i am clear.
    Don't hesitate to contact me

Hugues

2. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Wouldn't something like this fill the left part of the screen when you have a forum which is pretty active?

3. oloman

oloman Active Member

I had this system on vbulletin, 3000 posts a day, and it was'nt a problem at all.
    More, it's possible to offer a dismiss.

4. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

Oh I meant that if you have like 10-15 posts nearly together, the users screen would be filled with alerts and it might hinder the UX.
    Personally if I have like an alert poping up on the screen every second, it would be a distraction for me.
    Though it is a great idea considering you want to provide the user with latest stuff happening on the forum.

5. oloman

oloman Active Member

Ok, I understand, but it would be just 1 post displayed. A small box like xenforo alert.
    If a user don't like it, he would have a way to dismiss it.

Aayush likes this.