XF 1.1 When to delete URL rewrite rules?

snoopy5

Hi

after my switch from vb to xf incl. a new domainname for XF, I sucessfully implemented all the URL rewrite codes from old domainname to new domainname with old threads etc.

Now after 8 months all old domainnames are expired. I do not need them anymore. But I get now from time to time warnings from paypal, that the old vbscript for vbulletin still tries to connect to paypal. With the old domainnames. I was surprised to hear that.

So my question is, what could be the reason for this and whether I can delete now safely all old vb installations on my server and all rewrite rules, domain deviation etc. to eliminate these errors.

If I do not get this resolved, PayPal will automatically deactivate the IPN funktion in PayPal because of these errors.

Thanks in advance

Did you have any subscriptions set-up in vBulletin (linked to your PayPal account)? Perhaps the old vB install is periodically polling PayPal?

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem now if the domain names have expired and you should be safe to remove the vB installs and any re-write rules that were associated with those old domains. (y)

Of course it goes without saying that it would be wise to do a backup before removing them! :D

Top Bottom