1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 When to delete URL rewrite rules?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by snoopy5, Jul 8, 2013.

1. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

Hi

after my switch from vb to xf incl. a new domainname for XF, I sucessfully implemented all the URL rewrite codes from old domainname to new domainname with old threads etc.

Now after 8 months all old domainnames are expired. I do not need them anymore. But I get now from time to time warnings from paypal, that the old vbscript for vbulletin still tries to connect to paypal. With the old domainnames. I was surprised to hear that.

So my question is, what could be the reason for this and whether I can delete now safely all old vb installations on my server and all rewrite rules, domain deviation etc. to eliminate these errors.

If I do not get this resolved, PayPal will automatically deactivate the IPN funktion in PayPal because of these errors.

Thanks in advance

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Did you have any subscriptions set-up in vBulletin (linked to your PayPal account)? Perhaps the old vB install is periodically polling PayPal?

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem now if the domain names have expired and you should be safe to remove the vB installs and any re-write rules that were associated with those old domains. (y)

Of course it goes without saying that it would be wise to do a backup before removing them! :D