1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 when someone tried to register on my forum it shows error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by garry420, Mar 1, 2014.

1. garry420

garry420 Active Member

when someone tries to register in my forum it shows error why is it so ?
    whats the version of my software ?
    i purchased it yesterday

Attached Files:

2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

You have "Use Full Friendly URLs" option enabled, however you missed out the notice below.
    http://xenforo.com/help/friendly-urls/ (look at the information under 'Apache')

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. garry420

garry420 Active Member

4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Read the article I linked to above. The option 'Use Full Friendly URLs' exactly does this.

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess in your root forum directory. You may have to define the rewrite base in it (it is commented out) pointing to the base of your forum directory. Then select the friendly URL's option in the ACP.

6. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

Tracy, could you explain what do you mean by that? I haven't got it.

Reading all the guides and some topics regarding this subject, the thing I understood was: I need to rename the txt to .htaccess and simply change the admin CP to to full friendly url option.

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It's documented in the htaccess.txt and why:
    Code:
            #       If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
            #       line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
            #       of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
            #RewriteBase /xenforo

Daniel-SP likes this.