XF 1.3 Server error logs? Is it someone trying to spam my blog?

palmer

Hi guys,

I turned off user confirmation to post on my forum yesterday, within about an hour I got a spam user and reverted the settings back to the way they were. However that same user(guest) who posted the spam comment has now created 15 server error logs ranging from connection timed out, no route to host.

When I click on the error log I can see its someone from asia and same username/email address that the guest spammer used. I have blocked the email address now but how are they creating the error logs and will it effect my site? Cheers!

Hi guys,

I turned off user confirmation to post on my forum yesterday, within about an hour I got a spam user and reverted the settings back to the way they were. However that same user(guest) who posted the spam comment has now created 15 server error logs ranging from connection timed out, no route to host.

When I click on the error log I can see its someone from asia and same username/email address that the guest spammer used. I have blocked the email address now but how are they creating the error logs and will it effect my site? Cheers!

I believe those errors are just indicating that the spam bot software which is being used is putting an increased load on the server, therefore making it time out. I recently had a spam attack (all is resolved now) and those sorts of errors seemed to have come up. I just ignored them.

I should not that if you have good spam protection measures in place, you won't need to have email confirmation enabled.

Top Bottom