Lack of interest When moving threads - and option to remain focused on the *current* forum after the action!

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

CTXMedia

I'm currently moving lots of individual threads from one forum to another.

Each time I move a single thread I'm transported to the destination forum. I then have to navigate back to the original forum to select the next thread (I need to open them to know whether they need moving or not).

This would be much easier if there was an option to remain focused on the current forum after the move.

So that's my suggestion. Perhaps a tickbox on the move thread overlay: [ ] Stay in this forum after the move

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wouldn't it be quicker to just select all of the threads first and do one move operation?

Yes, if I could tell the destination forum from the title alone, but in this case I was separating pages of Chemistry, Physics and Biology threads into separate forums - and needed to open a lot of them to be able to decide the destination; which is why a "stay where I am after the move" option would have been useful. (y)

It won't be the last time I do this and I'm sure other people will have hit the same problem too, so thought I'd suggest it. :D

Hello,

I can't find a setting for this in the ACP, but when a thread is selected to be moved, can we make it (or at least provide an option) so that you are not redirected to where the thread has moved. Rather, it will just redirect you to the forum the thread was originally in?

Thanks.

When you, as an admin move a thread, it redirects you to the forum you moved the thread to. It would be better (in my opinion) if it kept you on the same page.

I disagree. The thread you just moved to another forum remains displayed but in the new forum. This makes sense.

Top Bottom