Implemented When in the Report Dialogue Box an option to advise the Reporter

DigNap15

As as admin I find the whole Reports system very tedious. (there is no manual on how it works)
It seems set up for moderators.
But what about an easy way to advise the Reporter of your desicion
And an easy way to tell the Offender of what they have done and your actions.
At the moment I have to two create 2 conversations!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can create warnings for various offenses and set up a conversation to be sent when they are issued.

You can use the report resolution/rejection alerts to send a brief message to the reporters when their reports are closed.

Thanks very much for that.
But I think it needs to be more intuitive so that newbies don't have to ask questions like mine.

Not implemented!
  • Send resolution/rejection alert:

Any resolution/rejection alert text will be appended automatically to the current comment.

What does all that mean?
I want to easily send a comment to the Reporter (in private) and to the Offender (in private)

I want to easily advise the Reports that I have taken action.

I'd recommend just creating a test user, reporting something, and then trying it for yourself to get a feel for how it works. Generally it just means it will send an alert to members who reported the content, and the contents of the alert will be appended to your report comment (presumably so other staff members can see what was sent).

I think the problem here is that you are not able to send an alert or conversation to the reporter, if you want, if you do not take any action or just deletes the post.

It only works when issuing a warning and I have actually not seen the alert reporter function there either but I have not looked for it.

You can alert the reporter when closing a report regardless of whether or not you issue a warning for the content. If you mean alerting the reported user, you do typically have that option too when editing/deleting/moderating their content.

If you mean alerting the reported user, you do typically have that option too when editing/deleting/moderating their content.
Thanks for that.
But I don't think that is the final answer as they may never look at that post again.
I want a quick and easy way to tell them you have offended because you xyz. and I edited your post

But I don't think that is the final answer as they may never look at that post again.
It sends them the alert whether they look at the post or not.
screenshot-vCkuSr.webp

To be clear, I'm speaking to the case of alerting members without issuing a warning, as again you can set up conversations when issuing warnings.

You can alert the reporter when closing a report regardless of whether or not you issue a warning for the content. If you mean alerting the reported user, you do typically have that option too when editing/deleting/moderating their content.
I am sorry, you are absolutely right. It is grayed out and I didn't see it or understand what it was for.

Maybe it should say "Send resolution/rejection alert to the reporter"? Because I can have thought it was for the reported and decided to not use it and not see it anymore.

Top Bottom