1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Typeracer WPM Score?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheBigK, Mar 21, 2012.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Typeracer is so addictive that I spent last 30 minutes competing with anonymous people. My average WPM is 80. The best WPM I've had is 95.

What about you?

Head over to -> www.typeracer.com

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I've averaging 50 wpm but I've got an awful Fujitsu server keyboard where you catch all the keys around the one you want and spend half your time going back to correct. I'll give it another go from my "best" PC at home later ... I reckon I can probably double that if I try!! (y)

TheBigK likes this.
  3. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

With my good old 20 years old keyboard I can reach > 100 with ease.

Awesome hardware btw. no computer hardware of this quality is manufactured today - built in 1992, hand-signed by 2 different QA guys, these are built to last forever (or at least, for a very long time).

Years ago, I got 2 of them in a 2nd hand hardware store for a very low price - that dude probably didn't know what he was selling there and how expensive these keyboards originally were - and no, I didn't tell him :)

On my notebook, I struggle to get a score of 60, so yes, keyboard quality matters a lot.

TheBigK and Kim like this.
  4. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

My average is 136, I used to play with people in college when I worked in the labs, I would be typing away on a paper look at them and talk to them in a full conversation. While at the same time if I made mistakes in typing I'd backspace fix them without even looking at the screen :p Used to baffle people.

TheBigK likes this.
  5. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Usually just over 100wpm on my steelseries 7G (cherry mx black switches)

I type with mostly just the first 2 fingers on each hand though, except for modifier keys and symbols

6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I used to type 120 wpm... but carpel tunnel is kicking in and now I have to slow down.

7. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm getting there too, the thumb I hit the spacebar with actually clicks sometimes now :/

8. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Have you looked into the Das Keyboard? It's a mechanical keyboard built the same way as the old IBM Model M.

You can still buy new Model M from Unicomp, too, although the Das Keyboard has the advantage of being optimized for either Windows or Mac and can have blank keys.

I myself should really get a nice mechanical keyboard, it really does make all the difference in the world.

9. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Just got 119 wpm on my keyboard. Now if only there were a proper, usable, truly silent keyboard out there instead of the quiet-but-not-quite-silent ones. I'd kill for one. And a silent mouse, too. Call me insane.

10. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

This is what I use... a man's keyboard...

[​IMG]

TheBigK likes this.
  11. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

You can get a standalone ThinkPad USB keyboard. I've always found them pretty quiet myself.

12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Structure and Bonding (Basic Concepts in Chemistry)
    by Jack Barrett
    Your speed: 59 wpm
    Time: 0:43
    Accuracy: 98.6%

13. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

My highest so far is 97, used to get above 110, but I don't practice my typing skills much anymore, I taught my self how to type though when I was 5 :p.

14. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I'm on regular Apple Wireless Keyboard o_O . That Microsoft one looks quite a manly keyboard though.

15. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

I know both daskeyboard and the Unicomp products. Both are excellent but neither of them gives you this extremely solid feeling of an original IBM Model M. I doubt such a keyboard will last for 20 years, but we don't really know :)

It's also interesting to see they cost less than the IBM keyboards did 20 years ago.

There are also Cherry keyboards (they still build the "clicky" ones) and if you can deal with a somewhat unorthodox layout, the Sun type 6 / type 7 are also excellent (though I think, most PC/Windows - only users will hate them, but I'm biased, because I've been working with Sun hardware for a long time :) ).

16. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

That person in first place has 156 words per minute. That IS fast! :eek: