What's Your Favorite Framework

What's Your Favorite Framework?

• Total voters
I used to use CodeIgniter almost exclusively till 2 years back, for developing small websites having mainly static text content and maybe a couple of forms. Nothing complex. But I switched to Symfony about 1 year into developing a slightly complex website, complete with user authentication & authorization, user profiles & management, an admin backend, …

Symfony does have a high learning curve, as opposed to CodeIgniter (which I was able to pick up in less than a weeks time). Not being an expert in PHP, it took me quite a while to get hold of how things are done in symfony; but I think it's well worth it.

@Brandon_R:
You misspelled symfony in the poll options. ;)

I am using an custom coded one, don't really like the ones who exist, to much unneeded stuff.

EDIT: You should add an option to the poll for Other/Custom Framework

I don't even know exactly what a framework *does*.....

Even though I know basic PHP, the following is taken from the CakePHP website and is definitely one for the plain English campaign....

Using commonly known design patterns like MVC and ORM within the convention over configuration paradigm

Yeah, ok, that's great, and did you see X Factor last night....

I plan to bring up "convention over configuration paradigms" in conversation at work tomorrow, should go down a storm....:confused:

Top Bottom