What's Your Favorite Framework

What's Your Favorite Framework?

• Total voters
Whatever the hell is behind the MyBB framework. That and WCF. Man, those guys make it insanely easy to see how things work.

I use ZF the most.

Though I just started using Symfony2 (still in early development) for a new project. Watch the talk by Fabien for a good overview. It's nothing like symfony1 (which is A Good Thing imo). It's a bit difficult using a framework with hardly no documentation and that changes all the time, but it's been a pleasure. Symfony2+Doctrine2+Twig=good times :D

I use ZF the most.

Though I just started using Symfony2 (still in early development) for a new project. Watch the talk by Fabien for a good overview. It's nothing like symfony1 (which is A Good Thing imo). It's a bit difficult using a framework with hardly no documentation and that changes all the time, but it's been a pleasure. Symfony2+Doctrine2+Twig=good times :D
I can't wait until Zend_Framework has been rewritten to use PHP6 ie namespaces, anon functions etc.

Kohana was originally based from Codeigniter, at first, it was a little more stricter than CI, and didn't support PHP4, which CodeIgniter does, but I haven't looked at it recently. I assume its evolved into its own unique framework now.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the reply re: Kohana and Codeigniter, the posts were hidden by that "there are more posts, view them?" bar.

You should give it a go. :)
I'll definitely see what it has on offer with it's version 3. But I'll do that once my examinations end. (just 2 left, one tomorrow and one on 27th)
Though I just started using Symfony2 (still in early development) for a new project.
That's very brave of you! :p
Symfony2+Doctrine2+Twig=good times :D
I would start playing with sf2 + doctrine2 once they both reach stable state and have documentation to assist me with the upgrades. Till then I'll stay happily with sf 1.4 (LTS).

Code Igniter for me, I'm just working on a auth bridge to xF at the moment as well.

ZF I like, though for components opposed to using the whole thing, cake before that and played with some others. It's mainly the auth that's really holding CI back, I use a3m off the shelf for the moment.

Hmm, not sure I'd consider any of these my favorites, but they're the frameworks I turn to the most:

PHP: CakePHP. I view ZF as more of a library, and use it in that manner.
Python: Django, Twisted, Tornado
Ruby: Rails, Sinatra
Javascript: Mootools, jQuery (and Dojo too, as of late)

I don't have a favorite framework.
I had to work with cake & zend. Both have there pro & contras^^.

Now i'm happy that i have experience with zf because i can use it in xf without fighting with the integration^^

I use ZF the most.

I hate to admit that I agree with you. hehe.

I'm quite partial to my own framework. 8)

It doesn't do a whole lot besides have a basic MVC setup, and shortcuts for database/session/user management, but the simplicity makes it easy to work with. It does have some shortcomings though, and is not as easy to re-use as I'd like (it was originally not written to be reusable, oddly enough), so I will probably write a newer PHP 5.3/5.4 framework one day.

The only other framework I have seriously used was Solar.

My own. I built it when I realized I was basically coding the same thing over and over again for each site. :P

It has all the essentials. Database Layer, Caching, Sessions, Template Engine, Module Handling, etc. etc.

Top Bottom