whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and IIRC that lawsuit is still going. So Kier is that you in that avatar? How adorable! And the kids cute too I guess. :p

So, when the load of stuff is complete, what will happen to our profiles we had in the old site? Will we have to all create XenForo accounts with new data and lose all our archived messages/conversations and stuff from the old site?

So, when the load of stuff is complete, what will happen to our profiles we had in the old site? Will we have to all create XenForo accounts with new data and lose all our archived messages/conversations and stuff from the old site?

Nopes... VB to XF conversion migrates all posts, threads, forums, users, attachments etc...

It's called data migration for a reason you know. :p

Seriously, as far as I'm aware, everything should be transferred over for the move unless Kier mentions something has gone horribly wrong in the process...which would be a bit surprising at this point since the migration is done according to the twitter account.

EDIT: Damn it, even on other forums I'm ninja'd!

I can't wait to get back to SB's pony thread so I can post this one fic I found. ("Two and Two and Two")

Yes, everything is gone, and your data has been sold on Digitalpoint.
that's exactly what we've been posting in this thread.
FINALLY, someone understands.
Also, when the site comes back, it's a simpsons fan site

The actual import was finished a while ago.

I know what the issue is as Mike logged in via SSH to check a few things, but I'll leave it to Kier to update everyone as it's not my place to do so.

The actual import was finished a while ago.
Yeah... I didn't mean to imply the actual import itself took 5+ days...

But my target is being able to import 20M posts, 2.5M threads, 700k users, etc. in about 2 hours total... that's what I mean by a *really* fast importer. :)

What part of the term data migration do you people not understand?

Because I got several links to online dictionaries if there's a word in that phrase you don't get.

What part of the term data migration do you people not understand?

Because I got several links to online dictionaries if there's a word in that phrase you don't get.
They probably think the data will be picking watermelons or hanging out behind the Home Depot asking if you need anything done. :rolleyes:

As if I needed more examples that most people treat computers as magic boxes. -_-

And it's nice to know SB has managed to kill the XF software. ;) :p

I know Observer has been lurking from time to time.

Holy crap, I'm an SB Admin? Why do people never tell me these things?? ;)

As an aside, expect the random beatings of members and staff alike to be high on the first day we are live..... we have so much catching up to do...

Also although I am not in anyway a staff member at this forum I'm still going to ask you guys to keep his thread on topic.

-Your Friendly Neighbourhood (SB.COM) Administrator

Reactions: RJB
Holy crap, I'm an SB Admin? Why do people never tell me these things?? ;)

As an aside, expect the random beatings of members and staff alike to be high on the first day we are live..... we have so much catching up to do...

Also although I am not in anyway a staff member at this forum I'm still going to ask you guys to keep his thread on topic.

-Your Friendly Neighbourhood (SB.COM) Administrator
We rarely keep on topic here, it's just our nature.

As if I needed more examples that most people treat computers as magic boxes. -_-

And it's nice to know SB has managed to kill the XF software. ;) :p

Are you implying that they aren't magic boxes given to us from the computer gods????:confused:

SSSOOOO....I take it that we won't be conducting any sacrificial rights to appease the computer gods.:unsure:

Well now what am I going to do with all the Hobos I've lured into the hidden dungeon...(opens door to hidden dungeon hit by smell) :sick: oh yeah maybe I should have fed them...well that solves that problem:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom