whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that people are going from panic mode to feature request mode I'll join in:
Does xenforo support per-thread rss feeds? That would be a great way to track stuff, especially rarely updated fiction etc.

Won't happen for a few years; Abrams is currently the designated caretaker of Trek and so a series won't even be considered until after his ST2 is done.

Abrams has nothing to do with the next series:

http://www.slashfilm.com/david-foster-preparing-pitch-star-trek-series/

In fact this new series is said to disregard Abram's alternate universe:

Foster envisions his series as a return to Roddenberry’s original concept. “[W]hile Star Trek has moved on with other series that were not exactly in line with Gene’s original vision, the roots are there to tap into,” he said. Don’t expect something too old-fashioned, though — Foster also lists Joss Whedon, Ron Moore, Manny Coto, and J. Michael Straczynski as his inspirations on his site.

Timeline-wise, the new series will very definitely be moving forward. The show will take place in the post-Voyager era, and will remain faithful to pre-2009 canon as well as Star Trek: Enterprise canon. (Since Abrams’ 2009 film took place in an alternate timeline, Foster’s story would not be in conflict with Abrams’.)

It looks interesting. Though I'm not sure CBS would really be happy with two totally different series of the same franchise going on at once...especially when they basically ignore each other, canon wise.

At least for the overlap of DS9 and Voyager it could be said that they really had nothing to do with each other (even though there was a small amount of overlap in a couple of places). Unless Foster can somehow indicate that he has taken the 'present' events of Abrams into account (i.e., something like how STO has handled nuTrek), I can't see how that would work out. It would just confuse the casual viewer.

It looks interesting. Though I'm not sure CBS would really be happy with two totally different series of the same franchise going on at once...especially when they basically ignore each other, canon wise.

At least for the overlap of DS9 and Voyager it could be said that they really had nothing to do with each other (even though there was a small amount of overlap in a couple of places). Unless Foster can somehow indicate that he has taken the 'present' events of Abrams into account (i.e., something like how STO has handled nuTrek), I can't see how that would work out. It would just confuse the casual viewer.

Franchises get violated all the time and it's never a barrier to success, such as when Abram's made the 11th movie.

Franchises get violated all the time and it's never a barrier to success, such as when Abram's made the 11th movie.
I'm not saying that there's a problem with changing the franchise; I'm saying the problem is running two separate versions of the same franchise simultaneously in two different unique continuities.

You'd have Star Trek: The Movies and Star Trek: The TV Show that are totally and utterly different and don't even pretend to share anything between them. I think that's where the problem would lie.

I'm not saying that there's a problem with changing the franchise; I'm saying the problem is running two separate versions of the same franchise simultaneously in two different unique continuities.

You'd have Star Trek: The Movies and Star Trek: The TV Show that are totally and utterly different and don't even pretend to share anything between them. I think that's where the problem would lie.

Nah, Abram's caters to an entirely different audience than all trek before him. The new series promises to appeal to the base again by getting back to Roddenberry's original vision.

So the question now is.

Enterprise E

USS_Enterprise-E,_aft.jpg

VS

USS Odyssey

3998843.jpg

Who would win :eek:

oh sweet merciful god Slavik, you know not what you unleash upon these tranquil forums :eek:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Only real bit of good news about SB being down is that I can finally get something done on the Freeport adventure site that I need to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom