whats up with the SpaceBattles forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is space battles? :eek:
This:

space.jpg

what is space battles? :eek:
SpaceBattles is the 7.5m post forum I've run for the past few years. It contains creative writing, story debate, artwork and various other sections. It's been struggling (badly) over the last few months due to a combination of a lack of server resources and software unscalability (is that even a word?) so I'm finally migrating it to XenForo + Elastic Search.

Bet only I remember watching this as a kid, jeez!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good to see that those users are going to be posting on a beautiful piece of software! :D
Right now, I think most of us Spacebattlers are desperate to post on *any* software...

How is the conversion going? There hasn't been an update on Twitter in 19 hours... Also, is there anything anyone else can do to help? I have a pair of high spec computers (an i5 2400 and an i7 2600 with 16 GB ram each) and a monster connection (100/10) if the bottleneck is something that can be handled off-site...

Also, completely off topic, but while I'm asking here anyway - Mr Darby, are you going to put your "Betterspace" site back up again? It was an invaluable resource when I was learning to use Lightwave (it still is!), but now it's been banished to Archive.org where it takes most of forever to load... :(

The guy that wrote part of the vBulletin code, converts vBulletin
The guy that wrote part of the XenForo code, converting to XenForo

I can't imagine this will end well. It has to end badly.

Looking forward to seeing SB on XF - though I'm really going to miss the multi-quote functionality; I used it constantly.

Indeed. It feels like you can sort of multi-quote but I'm not sure how well it will work with some of SB's ridiculously long posts... we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom