What's the point in following someone

It's fairly easy to get to - hover over your name in the navigation bar and click on Your News Feed in the dropdown.

It's useful if you want to keep track of certain members.

is there a message (both alert and e-mail would be great) to inform myself when somebody is following me ?
Like "user XYZ is now following you"......

Thank you.

That's pretty well hidden I think it could do with being easier to find. What's your opinion on it? :)
the news feed should be far more of a featured element. i think the news feed and recent activity are far too hidden. xf is following the vb ideology of a stale forumhome being the featured page and everything else being more or less invisible to those that dont go hunting for it, which is unfortunate. id love to see the local social aspect take on a more prominent role.

the news feed should be far more of a featured element. i think the news feed and recent activity are far too hidden.
Yes !
xf is following the vb ideology of a stale forumhome being the featured page and everything else being more or less invisible to those that dont go hunting for it, which is unfortunate. id love to see the local social aspect take on a more prominent role.
Yes ! Yes !

I've always envisioned a "Personal Landing Page" with a mash up of "What is important to me". It would include News Feed for sure. But more importantly, customized content that I want. It would be either a Tab in the NavBar or the page you are directed to when you click your login name in the NavBar.

I would suggest that the "Your Account" stuff (Your Alerts, Your Newsfeeds, Likes you´ve received, Watched Threads, Your Content) should be a separate Tab at the left-side of the Naviagtion-bar.
Currently all of this is just too much hidden away underneath the username at the very right. I also never visit those pages as it is so hidden I forget that those features even exist........

The things which should be in the dropdown underneath the username is the stuff which a user needs to "edit his account settings", like e.g. "Personal Details, Contact Details, Avatar, Privacy," etc.

im not going to hold my breath hoping that anything is going to change in a major way... i think if the social aspect is going to take the forefront it will have to be via an addon. xenporta would be the fastest, easiest, most elegant way to get there. once you have feed/wall modules set up you can then allow members to add/remove/arrange them and so on.

the news feed should be far more of a featured element. i think the news feed and recent activity are far too hidden. xf is following the vb ideology of a stale forumhome being the featured page and everything else being more or less invisible to those that dont go hunting for it, which is unfortunate. id love to see the local social aspect take on a more prominent role.
I actually 100% agree with this. Community interactions should definitely be the front line of XenForo or at least be much more prominent than it is now.

Top Bottom