XF 2.1 Could someone point me to any kind of a help or how-to section on creating a template and then using it in a style?

Is there a how-to anywhere on here for how to create a template and then use it in a style? I don't mean how do I write CSS, I mean, how do I make the CSS show up? I've searched and searched but I can't find anything pertinent.

For example, say I create a template named "giant_red_font" and it contains the CSS for giant red font, and then in the style I put <div class="giant_red_font"> ... but the text doesn't change to giant red font.* What do I need to do to make the template actually apply?

Thanks for your time, I hope this wasn't too gibberishy.

*I'm not actually trying to make any text be a giant red font, that's just an example.

It's not really clear what you're trying to do.

What is the template for?

Perhaps if you explain exactly what it is you're trying to do, it may be easier to explain.

Thank you for your reply. I want to center a title in the header, to the right of the board's logo, and there is no existing way to put anything in that space. So I thought I could create a template with the CSS necessary to center text and choose a text size and font, and then use that to accomplish this, but that does not seem to be the case.

1568557453368.png

The logo/header section is in the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

You can either edit that template and add your custom code, or you can use the Advertising system and use the Container header position.

Top Bottom