1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will your 1st XenForo be?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mayers, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Mayers

Mayers Member

With Tuesday quickly on it's way, I was wondering what your first XenForo forum will be about? Converting from some other software or starting a new project? What are your plans :)
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

Nix likes this.
  3. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

I would be interested in converting www.skywarnonline.com to xenforo, but I need a CMS. If xenforo continues on the path that it's on, I could probably convince a few other boards to switch.
  4. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Would be too much hassle converting one of my sites www.consolecommunity.com to xenForo, but I'll be buying a license to start up a new site.
  5. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Fresh new start, no database importing xengraphia.com and my second xensmiley.com in the foreseeable future though I may just use bbsmiley as this compliments all forum products.
  6. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Still gotta think what i'm going to do.
  7. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

i would so love to have http://broadbandforum.in the first indian forum to be powered by XF. but i doubt i would make it in time mostly because of the delays connected to vb4>XF database right now. i would be contacting xenfans though. :)
  8. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

My first XenForo site will be a development site for creating and testing Addons, :)
    Jeremy likes this.
  9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As with Lawrence, it'll make it's way into a local testing site to build add-ons for it. :)
  10. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

For now I guess I'll stick with testing.
  11. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

First install in a protected directory on a current forum and checkout.
    Then import current vB3 DB ... and checkout ... and "play" with xF. :D
  12. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

A general discussion forum (offtopic.nl) mostly for testing though, later for further development.
  13. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

From what's been happening here it looks like it'll be turning into a garden community. :)
  14. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

First XF will be just a test site ... no portal or frontpage makes it not ready for prime time for us.
  15. akbas

akbas Member

Will be test one.
  16. Laric

Laric Active Member

I will be moving my guild forum over to xen.
    Will first setup a testsite for addons and hacks.

Need to hack in some kind of portal frontpage with the links etc that we are used to.

missing shoutbox is probably my biggest issue at the moment.
  17. projectego

projectego Active Member

I'll be installing the XF beta on my styles website first; then, provided everything is nice and stable, I'll consider migrating over my vBulletin installations over to XF.
  18. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

19. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

20. Lance

Lance New Member

Mine will be a new project - a collaborative storytelling canon universe - XenForo came along at the perfect time for it, since VB wasn't a valid option and nothing else looked as good