1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will you use the Resource Manager for?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by account8226, Mar 26, 2013.

1. account8226

account8226 Guest

Hello XenForo, what will you use the ressource manager for ?

As an example, I saw someone saying he will use it for his manga forum to download some books his members have made.

Since I guess we won't use it like XenForo's, what would be the content members can download/buy on your's ?

2. dabollicks

dabollicks Active Member

Not sure yet. Ill find a use though

3. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

This thread is not to talk about the release or anything like that, but to talk about the possible uses of the RM and what it can do.

For example, I mocked up the demo to make it a repository for recipes. I added one that I stole whole hog from Hines.com. You can view my demo version here. Please note that this is not what mine will look like. Mine is going to have some phrases changed, I'm going to change some default options, and I'm going to get rid of versioning as it doesn't fit well with recipes.

So what are YOU gonna use it for or what do you see it being a possibility for?

(I apologize if this thread is a dup. I looked for something like it and while there are individual posts within other threads, no thread is discussing this specifically. That I saw.)

Robert F Schmitz likes this.
  4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I am thinking of using it as a articles/knowledge base system. Changing a few phrases here and there, some small cosmetic customizations and you have it. :)

Robert F Schmitz likes this.
  5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

wickedstangs, DBA and Andrej like this.
  6. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Show off. You've had this a few days, haven' you? ;)

Looks great, though! It's a great reference tool!

MattW likes this.
  7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

I think as an article system, Waindigo's Library addon would be more suitable.

Can't think of a use yet, but something related to download, yes.

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I disagree unfortunately. I removed Jon's add-on in favour of the RM.

erich37 likes this.
  9. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

I am hoping it might be possible to modify it for use as a classifieds system. That would be my only motivation for purchasing, as I really don't need a download mgr add-on.

Brad L, erich37 and Veer like this.
  10. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

If anyone has used RM for a Review system, I'd like to see a demo.

karll, dutchbb, iTuN3r and 1 other person like this.
  11. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

If RM supported multiple pages I would have switched as well. Unfortunately...

12. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

I'm going to try and make a how-to article system out of it.

13. thumped

thumped Well-Known Member

Hope to be able to use it as a music archive / library (copyright-free material) for old band demos.

I've purchased & downloaded it but not even looked at the files or any documentation - anyone know can you have multiple instances of the RM for different purposes?

14. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

No, you cannot have multiple instances.

thumped likes this.
  15. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

My guess is NO, unless you heavily modified the installation script to avoid overwriting tables, templates and phrases.

EDIT: Ninja'd

thumped likes this.
  16. Sheldon

Can you not use the tabs bbcode?

17. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

thumped likes this.
  18. Sheldon

19. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

That's where I'm lucky in that sense, I don't seen multiple page support for the articles and guides we have.

20. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Hey Matt,

Did you already have the content/threads/posts that you now have in your RM installation, posted in a forum node? If yes, how did you port the info over to RM?