What will you use the Resource Manager for?

• Thread starter Thread starter account8226
  • Start date Start date
A

account8226

Hello XenForo, what will you use the ressource manager for ?

As an example, I saw someone saying he will use it for his manga forum to download some books his members have made.

Since I guess we won't use it like XenForo's, what would be the content members can download/buy on your's ?

This thread is not to talk about the release or anything like that, but to talk about the possible uses of the RM and what it can do.

For example, I mocked up the demo to make it a repository for recipes. I added one that I stole whole hog from Hines.com. You can view my demo version here. Please note that this is not what mine will look like. Mine is going to have some phrases changed, I'm going to change some default options, and I'm going to get rid of versioning as it doesn't fit well with recipes.

So what are YOU gonna use it for or what do you see it being a possibility for?

(I apologize if this thread is a dup. I looked for something like it and while there are individual posts within other threads, no thread is discussing this specifically. That I saw.)

I am thinking of using it as a articles/knowledge base system. Changing a few phrases here and there, some small cosmetic customizations and you have it. :)

I think as an article system, Waindigo's Library addon would be more suitable.

Can't think of a use yet, but something related to download, yes.

Hope to be able to use it as a music archive / library (copyright-free material) for old band demos.

I've purchased & downloaded it but not even looked at the files or any documentation - anyone know can you have multiple instances of the RM for different purposes?

Hope to be able to use it as a music archive / library (copyright-free material) for old band demos.

I've purchased & downloaded it but not even looked at the files or any documentation - anyone know can you have multiple instances of the RM for different purposes?

No, you cannot have multiple instances.

My guess is NO, unless you heavily modified the installation script to avoid overwriting tables, templates and phrases.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Hey Matt,

Did you already have the content/threads/posts that you now have in your RM installation, posted in a forum node? If yes, how did you port the info over to RM?

Top Bottom