What will you use xenForo for?

Rhydian

So I guess some of you already are having idea what you will use xenForo for will it be that family guy forum you always wanted or maybe a plugin community for xenForo?

There's a project I've been holding onto for a year or so now. I was going to pull the trigger and use vBulletin, but after seeing the downward spiral early on I decided to hold off and have been waiting for a forum software to come along. IPB just wasn't going to cut it for me, and I was near-bent on making my own custom solution.

Would be nice if someone would come up with a live chat integration for XF ^^
That would obviously be the ideal solution.

I can't imagine it would be too difficult having looked at the code used for the phpbb chat app'.

It is possible that XF could replace one of my 3.8.x sites that uses a few mods:
  • PhotoPost Pro - over 5k pics
  • vbCMPS - some basic side modules and a few custom pages; could accomplish some of it through some creative template code but it's easier to choose what is displayed via cmps
  • re-write eBay Links - helps pay the bills
A new project could be a possibility as well.

damn unfortunately i've already made the switch ... and like Kier said the impex for the 4 isn't planned soon ...

Version 4 to 3 downgrade without losing any data is available, going from vb3 to XF1 will not be a problem.

Version 4 to 3 downgrade without losing any data is available, going from vb3 to XF1 will not be a problem.

you gave me an interesting idea Floris ... do you think which i can do it easily? keep in mind that i've the SEO installed ... and i need to be sure which i don't lose anything ...

Once it's ready and has the features I need then I'll be upgrading my motorsport site from phpbb: http://www.cliptheapex.com/forum/index.php

The problem is at the moment live chat is heavily used during races so if I do switch to XF then I will need an alternative chat solution, possibly IRC?

An IRC Chat plugin shouldn't be too hard to make, I've made simple ones for vBulletin - so we'll see what I come up with.

I'll be grabbing a copy to use as a development site, and maybe if it allows a test site and a live site, maybe convert one of my forums over to it to see how it goes.

An IRC Chat plugin shouldn't be too hard to make, I've made simple ones for vBulletin - so we'll see what I come up with.

I'll be grabbing a copy to use as a development site, and maybe if it allows a test site and a live site, maybe convert one of my forums over to it to see how it goes.

Thanks Mikey, that would be great.

Top Bottom