What will you do with your XenForo License?

What will you do with your XenForo License?

• Start a new community

Votes: 50 54.3%
  • Convert my VB 3.X forum to XF

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Develop mods for XF

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Test it out on a development server

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
I didn't vote because I'm not sure yet.

I think there's another thread like this but I can't find it atm.

I'm definitely starting a new community, one I've been wanting to do for a few months now, but obviously before that I'll be testing and toying with it on my server first.

I do need to make some modifications as I know XF won't have certain things when it's first released, so I'll probably code some up for my site.

Hope you'll share with us. What mods?:)

Well the biggies will be a gallery for sure, with a blog coming after. One of the key things I need to do would be specific to my site, and that's a special directory that users can list specific information on it, which will probably combine with the gallery.

Just a few things, but they probably wouldn't be suitable for general consumption. :)

It goes on our testbed within the hour of it's being available. I want to get in and start working with it so we can develop the next generation of our site. We're going to be working out as many bits and pieces as possible, coming up with the new style/theme so that when we have available solutions for the gallery etc. we'll be able to hit the ground running and get ported over to XF ASAP.

It'll be really good to have a new system to sink our teeth into, nothing better than learning a new system and figuring out how to make it all a new platform unique to our community :). Can't WAIT!

Gimme a beta! Arrrrrrrrrggghhhh! :)

I will wait till it's stable and most of the bugs are fixed.

Then either I will start a new forum, or most likely convert my vB3 forum over. Might even get some mods done, but I bet people will already have created the ones I use, as they are quite common mods.

I'll be adding a brand new forum to my horror site, www.scaryminds.com (we cover things from Down Under), and if I can find some decent docos on the API will be working on a couple of modules we would need (Quiz, and Review).

No offense to the developers but a fresh look would be a priority, probably go with something gothic ... vaguely think I have the graphics from an old Invision 1.3.1 site that would be a start point :)

I'm going to import my current vB board, move server and create a community :D

My vB board is dead, I just want to keep the numbers/members and posts cause they might be slightly relevant

I'll be adding a brand new forum to my horror site, www.scaryminds.com (we cover things from Down Under), and if I can find some decent docos on the API will be working on a couple of modules we would need (Quiz, and Review).

No offense to the developers but a fresh look would be a priority, probably go with something gothic ... vaguely think I have the graphics from an old Invision 1.3.1 site that would be a start point :)

I don't think they'd take offense to it. I mean, why would they put in a template system for you to modify your installation however you wish if they didn't want you to be able to change it? :p

I agree, a nice shiny site would be odd for a horror site... unless it's nice and shiny in that creepy kind of way.

Develop mods for it, as well as learn better coding standards.
Learnt a lot from vBulletin 3 code, and definitely will learn more here :)

I know for starters i will be loading it up as a pilot before i migrate my VB site to it. I just hope there is a skinning feature built into it, and or there are lots of people out there already making skins for it.

Top Bottom