What will you do with your XenForo License?

What will you do with your XenForo License?

• Start a new community

Votes: 50 54.3%
  • Convert my VB 3.X forum to XF

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Develop mods for XF

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Test it out on a development server

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
In the decreasing order of priority, here what I'll do once I buy an xf license:
  • Test it out on a development server
  • Develop mods for xf :)
  • Start a new community (once I customize & integrate it with my custom apps)

Hopefully vb3.8 -> XF
Make it look really good, operate fast by having very few mods.
That will draw more users.

I showed this forum (in person) to one of my moderators, and it was extremely well received, they wanted to know how soon they could start using it :)

At the moment I just plan to play around with it on a dev setup for a while, I hope to convert eventually, but it will depend on what mods are available to match what we have currently, otherwise it will be a new project :)

I checked all as my goal is to create the first portal for XenForo, it seems worth my time to spend on that instead of spending time on something else such as various other forum pieces that are free or expensive that you feel like your developing the forum software itself.

I'll probably start another community and see which one of mine takes off, if the Xenforo one takes off then i'll keep it over the IPB3 one i have now that isn't fully open yet :p

First I'll test it on a development Server, then I'll start working myself into the code and develop some Mods and at least I will
a) convert my vB into xF
or
b) start a new Community. :p

Seen as I don't have anything like as much knowledge about forum software, I'd probably set it up as a new community, and see how it flies. After that, I'd be looking to tweak the software a little, as my knowledge expands.

I will use a license to convert the open source products from vBulletin over to XenForo, starting with the project tools.

I might do some smaller mods if there is anything I feel missing.

Besides that I have this other project that I already got started on with vBulletin 4.
Now I would love to do it with XenForo instead. Can't decide if I want to wait or not though.

/SK

Start a new community (this first... do not need Blogs and CMS yet (but I do in 2011) and English is the preferred language, so ready to go basically) +
Convert my VB 3.X forum to XF (but I have to wait until XenForo offers integrated Blogs and untill there is a professional (please no community efforts where multiple people work on the same translation) Dutch translation available)

At the same time I am curious to see what Internet Brands is going to do with vB4.1 and subsequent releases.

It would be easier to start a new community. Converting an existing community would be difficult for one of my communities. Motorcyclists don't care about forum software, they just want it to work and look good.

The other vb community I run could be converted, but it would break some modules. It would be nice if my Links module could run within XenForo.

I'm going to convert a small vB board over that doesn't really need the mods that are on it. Be a good way to test xF in a small production environment. Then I'll probably use that vB license to start another board that I've been wanting to do that needs some of the things that xF may not have for a while.

I'm planning to buy one license to play around with it a bit, get to know the software. If everything goes well, then I'm going live with it on one of the smaller boards. Hopefully the vB3.8.x-XF1.x importer will be there with the first release...

Start a new community, which is waiting for this, and the skin to be created and installed.

I also want to learn how to make mods with it. Start with something simple, like a WP bridge.

Top Bottom