What was your first website? :)

I haven't officially owned my own website as of yet.
I've had countless other little things here and there on free hosts that I can't even remember the names of.

So, my current forum (http://the360gamers.com) would have to be the first major project that I Co-Own with a friend.
It's actually doing good, it was doing better but because of the failness that is vBulletin 4 the site got hacked and we've been recovering ever since.

The first site I owned that was all mine was and is www.copiertalk.com as is my username.

I am proud of my userbase and their attitude toward new members and helping others with their support issues.

I am working on other projects as most of you are but will always consider this my little baby and nurture it with passion.

My first site was at geocities.com. Shortly after creating the site, they upped the storage limit from 1 meg to 2 megs!
I beleive this was in late 95 or early 96. I moved the site to its own domain in 98 and its still going strong.

My first site was bookofeverything.com, first launched in July 1999, which was intended to be a site that contained... everything. Articles, news, weather, all sorts of information about anything and everything; chat rooms, and more. But it was far too much for one person to put together, and I took it down about three years later, and after another 3 years I finally gave up the domain.

Someone bought it only days after I let it go, and to rub salt into the wound it was a Nova Scotia company (I live in Nova Scotia) who got it, for their series of "Book of Everything" tourism books.

Top Bottom