1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 What version of Imagemagick does XF 1.1.x use?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DarkGizmo, May 23, 2013.

1. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Hey XF team, I was just wondering which version of ImageMagick is supported in Xenforo 1.1? Thanks!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It uses the PHP imagick extension and any version should work as far as I know.

3. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Okay Mike, well my host uses the latest one (I believe they said it was 3.1.0 RC2) and when I upload an animated image, specifically something like this here it doesn't work at the proper speed.....

see here if you click on My profile you'll see in certain areas it's very sluggish/laggy and even in threads while in other areas it seems to work alright (member card)

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hmm. The resized animation is producing a trailing effect like each frame is stacking on top of the other.

I haven't seen this problem before so I am inclined to call it a problem with ImageMagick and suggest that you upgrade the library. Or maybe ImageMagick has an option to affect this, though XenForo has no configurable options with respect to ImageMagick.

6. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Just relayed this message back to my host, thanks Jake. :)