What type of forum would you like to start

Razasharp

...next.

Or what might you be interested in starting up one day?

I have often toyed with the idea of starting up a cooking or foodie forum :D

Okay this might sound silly but I've always wanted to create a site that had the appearance of being hand drawn. And I mean like the entire site being sketched in colored pencil.

I even found icons I'd use for it:
facebook.webp
twitter.webp
youtube.webp

I want to start a travel forum in english (I have the largest greek one...) and a photography forum (yeah, I know...) but I'm waiting to see if I can get any partners in either, after all these years it's more fun to do things together with other people.

I want to start a travel forum in english (I have the largest greek one...) and a photography forum (yeah, I know...) but I'm waiting to see if I can get any partners in either, after all these years it's more fun to do things together with other people.

I have a photography forum, that was doing pretty well - but getting sidetracked with other projects, the popularity of dedicated photo sites (non forums), social media and a few other things led to it slowing considerably. I am going to replace it with a custom site.

Wonder if you'd have to have some niche for your photography forum to have people search for it and keep on coming back to it.

Wonder if you'd have to have some niche for your photography forum to have people search for it and keep on coming back to it.

Our original intent was for the forums to complement a news front end - we designed the front end, but in the end decided we did not want to write articles 24/7. The plan was to do that for the photography site and gaming site (they both share a simialr design).

I think now tho, I will use that design to trial new forums - as it's pretty flexible. So all is not lost.

Ah.... I am with you that I wouldn't want to write articles 24/7. That's a full time job and I've already got one of those.

Perhaps get someone else who could write about:
  • equipment reviews
  • different techniques
    • PhotoShop tips for dummies?
    • How to photograph the world's most dangerous serpents and how to survive
      • actually saw an article on this where the photog got bit by a black mamba and survived after being given the anti-venom
    • Photographing action sports
  • Careers using photography
    • get some guest photogs to do a write-up and feature it on your forum

There's some lunchtime thoughts anyways.

I've always wanted to start something like a Yu-Gi-Oh forum, but it's just a pipe dream at this point.
That would've worked at Yu-Gi-Oh's beginnings/rise to success/peak, but right now... not so much. I almost wanted to build a Yu-Gi-Oh business because of this. But no matter how many times I go to any one of the sites - I don't see a successful Yu-Gi-Oh site. And I have been to many of those sites and forums.. none of them lasted more than a year or two. None. There was one YuGi forum that was popular, but it was on a free-forum site, and I just said "screw it." I lost interest thereafter.

It led me to other niches and I started learning more and more about sites and forums on a niche.
I bet a forum like that would be a forum skinners dream :D
It is.

Top Bottom