What to choose VBulletin 3.8.7 or Woltlab Burning Board??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

I want to get some extra information and opinions-feedback on choosing what is the best.

Either:

1. Vbulletin the 3.0.0 series, more really the version 3.8.7
or
2. Woltlab Burning Board (full version, paid.)

What is the best forum software of those two? Which one do you recommend the most and why?

Does Woltlab Burning Board have built in features like prefix system, reputation, album, profile styling, money system, etc ....

What are the main difference between both softwares?

Disclaimer: I try to get the best feedback by also posting this on software boards like this one or mybb. Don't involve the forum software Xenforo in this discussion. Its not about that.

May we ask why you're excluding other options? Personally I don't know anything about WBB, I'm kinda satisfied with vB because it worked great for us for many years. The obvious problem with vB is that the future is uncertain, and their best product (3 series) is outdated in comparison with other solutions. And it's also EOL, so nothing new will be added to it.

If you only knew the different forum scripts I have used...

I wonder what made you come to that conclusion. Had I written "I would choose burning board" would you have replied with "i bet you never used vbulletin 3.x" ?
because wbb is light years ahead of vbulletin v3. to answer your second question: no

Why would you ask vBulletin or Woltlab's Burning Board on XenForo?

You are going to get some bias opinions for XenForo here, I assume. Post again, we are curious about your enquiry.

If I had to choose between the two, I would choose VB3, because I've used VB for 8 years now, never tried WBB :P
But if I had a free choice of any forum software? I would choose Xenforo first, then MyBB
I wouldn't even bother with VB4.

This is like driving through the McDonald's drive-thru and asking the guy at the window what's the best oil to use for a BMW M3.
Depends on the year? 10-50 is probably a good bet. :)
But it's more like asking, what's better?, a Whooper or an All American Jack at Jack in the Box.

Add: Or is this shameless promotion to a website?
And more: Notice every post from the OP is in O/T.
And finally: I believe DutchBB said it best
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/boxxy-the-return-of-the-queen.10758/#post-145225
Attention whores are just like trolls, once you stop feeding them they die;)
Just my opinion.

To be honest I just heard of burning board 2 days ago when I voted on a poll of which forum software is the best. It shouldnt matter what we think, it depends on your comfortability, and whichever one suits you the best. I will agree though vBulletin 3.8 is outdated, but if I was to I would choose it over burning board, just my preference.

Hey All,

I want to get some extra information and opinions-feedback on choosing what is the best.

Either:

1. Vbulletin the 3.0.0 series, more really the version 3.8.7
or
2. Woltlab Burning Board (full version, paid.)

What is the best forum software of those two? Which one do you recommend the most and why?

Does Woltlab Burning Board have built in features like prefix system, reputation, album, profile styling, money system, etc ....

What are the main difference between both softwares?

Disclaimer: I try to get the best feedback by also posting this on software boards like this one or mybb. Don't involve the forum software Xenforo in this discussion. Its not about that.

Are you Woltlab's marketing manager? Damn good Job, i must say... :)

What to choose, should I choose to call this post spam or blatant spam, the latter I think. Doh

If you ever watched Harry Hill you'd know how to find out which was best ;-).

I would choose vb3.8.7 over Burning Board. I used to have a Burning Board forum way back when it was version 1, finally jumped ship to vBulletin when 2.1 was released. The only problem with Burning Board is there are not many modifications readily available for English speaking users. The German support community is first class though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom