What to choose VBulletin 3.8.7 or Woltlab Burning Board??

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back on topic - Vbulletin 3.8.7 or a sausage? off the bat I'll think the german sausage is better.

Back on topic - Vbulletin 3.8.7 or a sausage? off the bat I'll think the german sausage is better.
+1 Bratwurst
+2 Polish Sausage
+3 The Bears
da-bears-g-mon-demotivational-poster-1219327822.jpg

I have used Burning Board back in 2002 for an Xbox website. I really liked the forum sofware in some aspects. It seemed to combat vb2/3, but it provided a far-less robust software. I have not used BB in forever, my obsession was on VB2/3. I always thought vB was better than any other forum software. I was always proud to moderate, or administrate one.

But with vB4, that passion went away. Negativity aside, vB4 is getting better on each new version released.

I have used Burning Board back in 2002 for an Xbox website. I really liked the forum sofware in some aspects. It seemed to combat vb2/3, but it provided a far-less robust software. I have not used BB in forever, my obsession was on VB2/3. I always thought vB was better than any other forum software. I was always proud to moderate, or administrate one.

But with vB4, that passion went away. Negativity aside, vB4 is getting better on each new version released.

Feedback from people on the vBulletin forums does appear to indicate it's getting better. Personally, I never liked the new vB4 style from day one, that alone turned me away from using it for good. I prefer to stick with the default style and then just make some improvements to suit me. Plus, they are well, well overdue on creating that matching Admin CP theme they promised would come (so very long ago). Now they just want to forget that idea and brush it under the carpet, giving excuses why ones not really needed anymore. Such as "don't break what already works". That was one quote given to me by a staff member there in his reply - when I pushed them about it all.

vB4 still looks to me like a miss-mash of vB3 thrown together. Especially when you compare it to let's say IPB 3 and how well that's been done and polished off.

IPB3? Better? I always thought IPB3 was ugly. So, more or less, I like vB4 over it, I do, though like the features, don't get me wrong. Like the user logins usually come packaged with twitter/facebook buttons - even on modified skins.

Matter of taste I guess. But my main point was meaning, how they have created a much more professional looking theme. It's nothing fancy, quite bland even. But it does look "Pro like" and one that comes with a matching Admin CP to compliment everything throughout. You just can't say that about vB4, and that's what you should be getting for your bucks.

I mean, look at those "Forum Status Icons" they use. They look like something a 10 year old created in Windows Paint with a fetish for large drop shadows. And yes, I know you can change them. But that's really not the point when your trying to sell something based off first appearance to impress people.

It's the same with the rest of the style. They seem to have this big thing for "gradient effects" displayed everywhere. All very old outdated 90's styling stuff.

I'm not a troll, first suggesting that I sell links and then to spam them here is lame...

Because all the links in my signature lead to just 1 site that of my own. I promote my site via my sig? A problem? Don't see why....

Most people do it, and I am not contributing elsewhere perhaps because I'm not a license owner Steven? I can't contribute but in the off-topic section and sometimes in other sections.

It is easy to tell someone is a troll but harder to know this person's true intentions...

And my intention is: Being active now and then in the off-topic forum here. Sometimes making a topic and replying, + making a topic to ask for feedback on something like this topic.

And of course to give my site some more exposure... Don't see whats wrong with that.

I'm not a troll, first suggesting that I sell links and then to spam them here is lame...

Because all the links in my signature lead to just 1 site that of my own. I promote my site via my sig? A problem? Don't see why....

Most people do it, and I am not contributing elsewhere perhaps because I'm not a license owner Steven? I can't contribute but in the off-topic section and sometimes in other sections.

It is easy to tell someone is a troll but harder to know this person's true intentions...

And my intention is: Being active now and then in the off-topic forum here. Sometimes making a topic and replying, + making a topic to ask for feedback on something like this topic.

And of course to give my site some more exposure... Don't see whats wrong with that.

Personally, I would have split that very long reply into three posts. Then you could have maximised exposure for your customers (the ones who buy links in your signature) with three times as many advert placements! You won't take on the likes of Adwords at this rate! What about your avatar, are you selling that off too? If so I'd like to buy it please and put in a photo of a lemon (I like yellow citrus fruits).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom