What to charge for a Style?

xenTheory

I do a lot of design work but xenForo is new, I've released two styles so far but trying to get an idea of what a good price to charge is. The baseline is low - which is competitive and good for users - but it still leaves confusion.

I would like to know what people think is an acceptable cost for a Style in USD, GBP or EUR.

Cheers

It really comes down to what you think the skin is worth. For premium skins it can be hit or miss, if its a hit, selling 25 copies @ $25USD is pretty nice (round about what 1 custom skin fee is).

Just check out other providers, jump in there somewhere. There is competition so I would think you sort of have to settle $20 - $40USD area. How that converts to other currency may be a bit different.

Supporting a premium skin can be quite the task when users start customizing to suit their needs. So take that however you want, myself I enjoy it enough the support part is fun in a sense :whistle:

Depends on what you offer with the theme! Extra support, extra options, framework, psds, etc etc etc. I think your themes are reasonably priced! I also told you I really am a fan of what you've done with VonDroid.

$15-$45 USD is my price range for forum themes that I've paid for.
I once paid $75 for an ecommerce theme, but that's ecommerce.

Since my sites are all about gaming, my users and dwellers of the dark and prefer darker background themes. Otherwise I'd be completely on top of one of your themes.

Depends on what you offer with the theme! Extra support, extra options, framework, psds, etc etc etc. I think your themes are reasonably priced! I also told you I really am a fan of what you've done with VonDroid.

$15-$45 USD is my price range for forum themes that I've paid for.
I once paid $75 for an ecommerce theme, but that's ecommerce.

Since my sites are all about gaming, my users and dwellers of the dark and prefer darker background themes. Otherwise I'd be completely on top of one of your themes.

Thank you for the feedback - I'm open to making a dark theme, might do that next as I've released two light styles :) I would include a framework but not entirely sure where to start. I've just gotten used to working with xenForo.

I'm looking at Free to $25 themes right now.
Like you the most I've paid was $100 for a theme, BUT it was for a CRELoaded store I ran and
was a business expense I deducted.

A free theme is also a good idea, will add that to the 'to do' list. Again thank you both for replying.

@0xym0r0n

Is this the sort of theme you were thinking of? It's nearly completed :)

preview.webp

Nice looking theme. Could even swap out the background and re-release it for different things - or offer it with a range of different wallpapers.

Top Bottom