XF 1.2 What style properties are these?

Duck

I need to know how to fix this. I changed all of the color palettes to green & black & I don't even know which individual properties I need to fix to change this.

report1.webp

report2.webp

report3.webp

report4.webp

I don't want to change the color palette swatches cuz that'll just screw something else up. I'd rather just type in some color codes for the individual properties. I'd rather have the text entry box black when it's actively being typed in, with green font. In the header bar on that report box, I'd like to darken the green a bit & have "Report Post" in a brighter green like #86FF86

awesome smiley
I want the easy way whenever possible. CSS is over my head. I only understand the very basics like color codes because it's somewhat kinda of similar to the XML I've tinkered with when I've made gauges for MS Flight Simulator. But there doesn't seem to be a Style Property for putting a border around the bottom half of the navigation bar.

I fixed the login thingy though.

View attachment 53091
good job on that.

Well to be honest the easiest way is for me to paste a block of css into a set of [code][/code] bbcode tags here and then you copy and paste it into your extra.css and click save.

If you want me to do that let me know and I will give you something tomorrow/today after I wake up

Might have to do that. I'd appreciate it.

I just discovered another Style Property that doesn't work.

Style Properties: Forum / Node List

Changing the text color in "Node Title - Unread" doesn't do a damn thing.

A "node" is a sub-forum, ain't it? Why the hell can't they call these things with terms that make sense?

"Node Title" text color field also does nothing. It was blank before I even changed it to red as a test, ... if it was blank before then why do they even show up at all?

Might have to do that. I'd appreciate it.

I just discovered another Style Property that doesn't work.

Style Properties: Forum / Node List

Changing the text color in "Node Title - Unread" doesn't do a damn thing.

A "node" is a sub-forum, ain't it? Why the hell can't they call these things with terms that make sense?
Well it works...but nodeTitle is not the inner most tag that the title is wrapped with. The title would be ' .nodeTitle a ' in css meaning

<h3 class="nodeTitle">
<a href="list/main-forum.2/">Main Forum</a>
</h3>

so if the 'a' has a hard coded color then applying a color to nodeTitle would do nothing.

This is a case where a straight css is the option.

A node can be... A Category, A Forum, A Page or a Link Forum so node is kind of appropriate

Last edited:
I don't think it's a hard coded color. It's tied in with one of the swatches in the color palette. Somehow I made them green when I was goofing around in the color palette.. I'm talking about the ... this page:

http://www.mudbog.net/forum/#atv-forums.8

Screenshot: node thingy.webp

Each of those dark green links is a subforum. But the one I circled in red contains a thread with an unread post in it.
It's bold, but it's just barely different than the rest. I want to change it to #86FF86 when it contains a thread with unread posts. I can't seem to make that happen.

My brain could use an 8-12 hour rest though. I've been awake too long. This geek stuff is addictive.

More about that color palette. I should've just changed all the style properties one at a time but when I first started I just went totally nuts with the color palette & now I have so many of them the same color. And I even seem to have managed to get the "lighters" and "Darkers" bass-ackwards.

color palette.webp

I have 8 of them all the same color. bonk.gif bonk.gif bonk.gif

Which issue?

The navigation bar is one of the more difficult areas to style so does take a bit of perseverance.
I wanta continue around the bottom half with the green 2 px border. Also need to change the color of "Home" and "members" so it's the brighter green so it's easier to read.

Untitled-1.webp

for the border (which from your original site is 2 px top and 1px everywhere else)

remove the border and radius from .navTabs

add
Code:
#navigation .pageContent {
border-top:2px;
border: 1px solid;
}

the text from the links that aren't the selected link
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink {
color: YOURCOLOR;
}

Does that go in extra.css or can it be put in the little "additional css" box in the style properties manager for .navTabs?

I'll have to bug the forum owner to see what he's doing. A few days ago he told me to stop messing with the styles for a while because he was going to do some test installs. I'm not really sure what he's planning but communication on these matters is kind of slow because we're both long-haul truck drivers.

Does that go in extra.css or can it be put in the little "additional css" box in the style properties manager for .navTabs?

I'll have to bug the forum owner to see what he's doing. A few days ago he told me to stop messing with the styles for a while because he was going to do some test installs. I'm not really sure what he's planning but communication on these matters is kind of slow because we're both long-haul truck drivers.

Just to make it easy for you ....

Try pasting this in your EXTRA.css template, it should handle all of the border stuff in your navigation

Code:
    border-radius: 0 0 4px 4px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 2px 1px 1px;
    border-color: #86FF86;
}

#navigation .navTabs {
    border-style: none;
    border-top-left-radius: 0px;
    border-top-right-radius: 0px;
    border-width: 0px !important;
}

#navigation .navTabs .navTab .tabLinks {
    border-radius: 4px;
}

Just to make it easy for you ....

Try pasting this in your EXTRA.css template, it should handle all of the border stuff in your navigation

Code:
    border-radius: 0 0 4px 4px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 2px 1px 1px;
    border-color: #86FF86;
}

#navigation .navTabs {
    border-style: none;
    border-top-left-radius: 0px;
    border-top-right-radius: 0px;
    border-width: 0px !important;
}

#navigation .navTabs .navTab .tabLinks {
    border-radius: 4px;
}
Thanks. I'll do that as soon as I get the all-clear from the site owner as soon as he's done screwing around with whatever he's planning on screwing around with, after he gets done screwing around with some other stuff.

color-palette-jpg.53094

I'm trying to learn how to change the colors too. Is there a good description somewhere of what each of those colors is changing? Something more helpful than @primarylight etc. when first starting out? Maybe a picture of a forum page with each of the areas labeled so it would be easy to know which colors to change?

Top Bottom