1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What php handler do you use?

Discussion in 'General PHP and MySQL Discussions' started by gavpeds, Feb 28, 2014.

1. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Just curious really as to what the most popular handler is among xenforo forum owners. I am using suphp

2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

php-fpm

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Php-fpm on my nginx server, and dso with mod_ruid2 on my shared cpanel VPS

4. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

I was just looking to switch to dso with mod_ruid2 but dont know a great deal about mod_ruide2 and as it said experimental on my server i thought maybe i should leave it alone! lol

5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've been running it for almost 2 years. Works perfectly well.

6. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Think i just broke something! I was on suPHP and switch to dos and rebuild Apache with eAccelerator and now my site well is not showing any longer. any ideas? windowcleaningforums.co.uk

If i have dso enabled should i have Apache suEXEC off?

7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

If you've switched straight to DSO, your file and folder ownership will be wrong, so Apache won't be able to access the files

8. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

So how do i fix?

9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You need to change the owner to the same as Apache runs as (or switch to mod_ruid2 ;) )

10. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

I knew i should not of touched things i was not sure of!! o_O:eek::confused:
    I have now rebuilt apache with mod_ruid2 but still no luck. How do i change owner to same as Apache sorry this is new to me:oops:

11. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Apparently a re install of eAccelerator fixed it according to my vps host

12. semprot

semprot Active Member

I think i use lsphp.

13. Null

Null Well-Known Member

PHP-FPM all the way.

14. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

php-fpm on nginx