What is your plan for XenForo?

Getting one license as soon as it's released to try it out and get used to skinning it. And there's a very good chance that I'll be restarting my forum from scratch using XF once all the features and modifications I need become available.

I had been a fan of IPB for a long time but their recent unannounced price changes, lack of announcements about and extremely short length of the IP.Nexus pre-sale offer, slow development speed, horrible banning and warning systems that they never seem to improve, habit of not fixing skin issues and often marking them as not bugs even though they obviously are, several not very well thought out and horribly skinned features in 3.1 and a few other things have all made me start to think that maybe they aren't nearly as great as I thought they were.

I am going to get a license if they are competitive in the pricing. I just bought one IPB this spring and a VB4 last fall. Haven't used either as they are just not good enough to replace my smf 2.2 with portamx on top.

I was planning to learn to mod ipb to suit my needs but xf looks more promising. This assuming it will come out soon as I really need to replace my smf shortly.

Although I bot the bs+license for vB4 in December I was very skeptical they would deliver as they were promising.
Sure enough, the IB stock price nearly doubled (kaaaCHING! for stockholders), but you know the rest of the story such as it still is...
I seriously doubt I'll upgrade my current board to vB4 cuz that will prolly make it just that much more difficult to port my data without errors to XF once XF has some kind of path to adding Blog and CMS.

Although I'd prefer Blog and CMS to be integrated in XF, it seems like WordPress and then Pages plus some tweaking might be CMS enough for my community, at least until somebody releases a more comprehensive add-on for XF.

I plan to put XF on multiple new sites such as www.mw2forums.com and another FPS site that I shall not name - I am in the process of purchasing the site.

That said, I plan to move the vbseo license attached to mw2forums, to its sister site mw2boards - I was going to put IP.Board on this site, but I saw an opportunity.

Buying a license, developing our custom addons that we'll require for our site (sorry, these wont be released as they wouldnt be of any use to anyone) then after a couple of months of testing and such, move over!

I'm basing this on XF having a vB 3.8 => xF converter though ;)

Top Bottom