What Is You Experience With TinyMCE [XenForo's Editor]?

I want to see an editor that preserves user-inserted spaces so that I can convert my poetry forum to this software.

I updated my dev install of XF to TinyMCE 3.4.7 (seems like you can just drop in the new version without any problems). I haven't done extensive testing, but the stripping of tabs within WYSIWYG mode isn't fixed (that's the one that bugs me the most).
Shaun,

I upgraded to 3.4.7 and when you perform an inline edit of a post it appears and then blanks out, clicking more options allows you to edit the post. Have you seen this?

Shaun,

I upgraded to 3.4.7 and when you perform an inline edit of a post it appears and then blanks out, clicking more options allows you to edit the post. Have you seen this?
That is why we haven't updated it further (ran into that when trying), but we don't know all the details yet.

So I went and tested again, and made doubly sure I'm using TinyMCE 3.4.7... from the beginning of the tiny_mce.js file being used...

Rich (BB code):
(function(d){var a=/^\s*|\s*$/g,e,c="B".replace(/A(.)|B/,"$1")==="$1";var b={majorVersion:"3",minorVersion:"4.7",releaseDate:"2011-11-03"...

Then I tested editing a post, and the existing post definitely isn't going away, although the edit window is getting huge heights, scrolling it off the window. The IFRAME has a 6925px height on a post that is 5 lines. And ~1300px for one that is a single line. But the contents of the post itself DOES stay just fine.

Not really sure it's worth the effort of upgrading it yourself anyway... I only did it in the hopes that the tab stripping in WebKit browsers was fixed, but it's not, so...

This is a tweaks request, but very important tweeks.

Current Rich Text Editor has several bad features:
  1. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/slow-popup-windows.24123/
  2. Extra spaces after pasting
  3. Pressing "Insert image" at selected text (image address) doesn't surround it with img-tags
  4. Pressing "Insert image" sometimes displays window twice!
  5. Integrate spoiler-tag and lot of others, please, and make the process of bb-code and their buttons addition as simple as possible - just selection set of them in admin panel, like in Drupal.
  6. In BB Code Editor add simple button bar: I want to have full control over the markup, but I don't like to add bold and other formatting manually.
  7. Add Quote Selected text feature, please. The mode I use http://www.xf-russia.ru/forum/threads/esthetic-quote-selected-ru.1564/ is buggy (eats new lines, what is unacceptable for verses), conflicts with other ones and needs usability imprevements; his author hasn't updated it for half a year!)

There are already numerous feedback and suggestion threads related to the editor.

I have merged yours with one of them.

Thank you, Brogan. I believe this problem has high priority, and how do think developers? When millions of users will get improved editor?

Forgotten one more feature: let user to switch between ordinary editor window at the bottom of the page - and floating window (position:fixed), which is very convenient when making several quotes. This is already done for vBulleting 3.7, SMF 2.0 and IPB 2.x, no need to invent bicycle.

This is a tweaks request, but very important tweeks.

Current Rich Text Editor has several bad features:
  1. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/slow-popup-windows.24123/
  2. Extra spaces after pasting
  3. Pressing "Insert image" at selected text (image address) doesn't surround it with img-tags
  4. Pressing "Insert image" sometimes displays window twice!
  5. Integrate spoiler-tag and lot of others, please, and make the process of bb-code and their buttons addition as simple as possible - just selection set of them in admin panel, like in Drupal.
  6. In BB Code Editor add simple button bar: I want to have full control over the markup, but I don't like to add bold and other formatting manually.
  7. Add Quote Selected text feature, please. The mode I use http://www.xf-russia.ru/forum/threads/esthetic-quote-selected-ru.1564/ is buggy (eats new lines, what is unacceptable for verses), conflicts with other ones and needs usability imprevements; his author hasn't updated it for half a year!)

Completely agree.. I hope to see a new editor on 1.2

Top Bottom