• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

what is this option do ? Download the upgrade package only

TBDragon

hi every one

i have small question about this option in XF customer panel when i wana download a version

Download the upgrade package only
This removes some files from the download to ensure you do not overwrite existing copies.

but when i select it or not select it give me the same file but different name =/
so what exactly do ?!

Neal

It means you only download the updated files since the last version. Saves you having to download files that have not been changed.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The zip is not identical. A few elements are removed, like .htaccess and the data/internal_data directories. This is to ensure that you don't overwrite the existing versions.

It's not a differential version and can always be used when upgrading, no matter the version you're coming from.

TBDragon

The zip is not identical. A few elements are removed, like .htaccess and the data/internal_data directories. This is to ensure that you don't overwrite the existing versions.

It's not a differential version and can always be used when upgrading, no matter the version you're coming from.
i see thats what i want to know ^^

thanks Mike