1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 upgrade package only, or is it ?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Weppa333, May 14, 2015.

1. Weppa333

Weppa333 Active Member

Hi all,

It's not the first time I see this, but I thought today was a great day to post about it.

I just downloaded 1.4.7 from the customer area, and noticed there isn't any difference in size (well to be precise, there's 1KB more on 5,8M) between the "upgrade package only changed files" and the full package

So basically, the "upgrade package" overwrites everything , changed or not, because I doubt each file changes between 146 and 1.4.7 :)

Just wanted to talk about it , to maybe shed some light on this.
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

The upgrade package is the full package without the data and internal_data directories.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You're right.

Both packages are identical, but the upgrade package excludes some directories (such as data and internal_data).
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Weppa333

Weppa333 Active Member

I've been here for over four years as well and never noticed. Sorry to be a disturbance in the forums ; I should obviously refrain from using them.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I think you misinterpreted the tone of his message...