XF 2.1 What is this field for: Update your Status?

Mr Lucky

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but when I go to my profile there is no button to make a profile post, but there is a text field with a pencil/edit icon that has the placeholder Update your Status...

When I type something there is just seems to create a post. So can someone explain what status is supposed to get updated? I can't find anything in the manual about this.

Thanks

You can report it, but I’m sure the devs will say it’s not a bug, and it’s asking you to write a status on your profile. It only shows like that viewing your own profile.

You can always change the phrase to suit you needs.

No problem, but I'm still confused about what a status update actually is.
Everything you post on on your wall/profile (and that is cot a comment to an existing post/status update) is a status update; this terminology is no different from Facebook (wher it most likely originated from).

Whether it's an actual status update or not. - such as getting married or a new job?
Getting married is a status update. (Status before: Not Married to X, Status after: Married to X).
A new job is a status update as well (Status before: Employed at X, Status After: Employed at Y)

Top Bottom