1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to add data support to sidebars on specific pages?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Zeras, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Zeras

Zeras Active Member

I am a long-time PHP/javascript developer, but I am just getting my feet wet with XenForo. The code in it is beautifully structured so I want to make sure I keep my XF development within that structure.

So far, I have been able to do most things with minor code tweaks, template modifications and css. Some things though will require me to dive further into the code. I have added the sidebar to several (not all) pages. I need to show ads, but I also want to use it to show content (data) that's not normally available there.

For example, if I wanted to add the users online to a sidebar on the forum and thread view pages, what should I do or where should I start researching to make that information available for the sidebar on those pages?

I am looking to do this with other data as well, but I hope that once I figure out how to do it with one set of data that I can use the same concept elsewhere.

Thanks!

-Zeras

2. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

Zeras likes this.