what is "Site" ?

erich37

there are 3 Tabs at the top-right, named "Any / Site / Album".

What does "Site" mean or what kind of photos is it showing at "Site" ?
Is it showing all photos from all "Categories" ?

I do not understand what it does....

Many thanks!

As with anything, you can edit the phrases if you can think of a better one, but it's shortened to "Site" as "Categories" would be too long. It may change in the future if the layout of those tabs were changed.

I would like to buy the Media-Gallery, but it needs to be made a bit simpler and more intuitive.
Currently it is slightly confusing.

I actually agree with you. But with slight improvements (here are some I posted myself) to the user-interface it could be made less confusing. For me the confusion mainly lies with how the software guides the enduser in interacting with the media. That could be made a bit more clear and intuitive in certain areas. That is why I love this one you posted yourself in relation to the [Site]-tab issue: big improvement!

Somehow in some parts the UI of XFMG is less clear and less intuitive compared to the truly outstanding UI/UX of Xenforo (forum) itself. I guess because it's developed by different developers. And so some things (some of the buttons for example) do not match with the main product. But I guess it's just the 'kinderziektes' (teething problems in Dutch) that needs to be smoothed out a bit.

At least we finally have User Albums in XF! (y) I will buy this invaluable addition to the XF forum in any case. Let's face it, we waited more then 4 years (understandably, since XF needed to start from scratch etc) for XF to offer User Albums. And now it even comes with a Gallery, which will be a fantastic asset to the platforms that need it, like my board. I am sure many board owners are very pleased to see this development at Xenforo Ltd: a surprising but eagerly awaited new XFMG product and even a new developer.

(Now... the only thing I am waiting for is User Blogs, so we can finally switch from vBulletin to Xenforo...)

Last edited:
I guess having these 3 Tabs as "Any / Photos / Videos" makes more sense.
I think there is a similar suggestion already.

Yes it was I who suggested it. Those 3 tabs are really confusing. They don't make sense and for new users it's confusing.

I talked about it in my thread here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/improve-media-navigation-sidebar-format.87232/

the "Any" tab does the same as the "Media Index" navigation
the "Site" tab goes to pics/vidoes in just the Categories section
the "Album" tab does the same as "Browse Albums"

There is some photos there. Check it out.

Yes it was I who suggested it. Those 3 tabs are really confusing. They don't make sense and for new users it's confusing.

I talked about it in my thread here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/improve-media-navigation-sidebar-format.87232/

the "Any" tab does the same as the "Media Index" navigation
the "Site" tab goes to pics/vidoes in just the Categories section
the "Album" tab does the same as "Browse Albums"

There is some photos there. Check it out.

see this:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/media-filters.88045/

:)

Top Bottom