1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is "Site" ?

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by erich37, Nov 28, 2014.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

there are 3 Tabs at the top-right, named "Any / Site / Album".

What does "Site" mean or what kind of photos is it showing at "Site" ?
    Is it showing all photos from all "Categories" ?

I do not understand what it does....

Many thanks!

51463 and Grover like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes.

"Site Categories"

3. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

You are not the only one. I had no idea what it meant also. Maybe a tooltip can help out on this... a tab 'should' be clear by itself, but in this case it isn't if we need to figure out/think about what it might mean.

51463 likes this.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

As with anything, you can edit the phrases if you can think of a better one, but it's shortened to "Site" as "Categories" would be too long. It may change in the future if the layout of those tabs were changed.

5. erich37

I guess having these 3 Tabs as "Any / Photos / Videos" makes more sense.
    I think there is a similar suggestion already.

51463 likes this.
  6. erich37

thanks for confirmation.

:)

I would like to buy the Media-Gallery, but it needs to be made a bit simpler and more intuitive.
    Currently it is slightly confusing.

:coffee:

Grover likes this.
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Not really. I want to see what's in site categories and albums separately. Besides on my site, its virtually all videos so a photos tab would be of no real value.

8. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I actually agree with you. But with slight improvements (here are some I posted myself) to the user-interface it could be made less confusing. For me the confusion mainly lies with how the software guides the enduser in interacting with the media. That could be made a bit more clear and intuitive in certain areas. That is why I love this one you posted yourself in relation to the [Site]-tab issue: big improvement!

Somehow in some parts the UI of XFMG is less clear and less intuitive compared to the truly outstanding UI/UX of Xenforo (forum) itself. I guess because it's developed by different developers. And so some things (some of the buttons for example) do not match with the main product. But I guess it's just the 'kinderziektes' (teething problems in Dutch) that needs to be smoothed out a bit.

At least we finally have User Albums in XF! (y) I will buy this invaluable addition to the XF forum in any case. Let's face it, we waited more then 4 years (understandably, since XF needed to start from scratch etc) for XF to offer User Albums. And now it even comes with a Gallery, which will be a fantastic asset to the platforms that need it, like my board. I am sure many board owners are very pleased to see this development at Xenforo Ltd: a surprising but eagerly awaited new XFMG product and even a new developer.

(Now... the only thing I am waiting for is User Blogs, so we can finally switch from vBulletin to Xenforo...)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    erich37 likes this.
  9. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

Yes it was I who suggested it. Those 3 tabs are really confusing. They don't make sense and for new users it's confusing.

I talked about it in my thread here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/improve-media-navigation-sidebar-format.87232/

the "Any" tab does the same as the "Media Index" navigation
    the "Site" tab goes to pics/vidoes in just the Categories section
    the "Album" tab does the same as "Browse Albums"

There is some photos there. Check it out.

10. erich37

see this:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/media-filters.88045/

:)