XF 1.0 What Is Imported When Going from vBulletin to Xenforo?

DRE

Hi. Is there a list of what all is being imported from vbulletin 3/4 to Xenforo whenever we Import? I just need a list to see what will be converted over so that I can figure out what to do with the stuff that's left over, like tags for instance. I've been studying the import manual and do not see a list.

Xenforo Import Manual
http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

---

I am currently preparing my vbulletin 4.1.7 site to be converted after I buy a license for that site.

This is my list of steps to do so far.

Installation Notes

vBulletin 4.1.7

1. Delete extra usergroups.
2. Uninstall Modifications that have no equivalent in Xenforo.
3. Move avatars and attachments from file systems to database.
4. Delete arrowchat, reinstall after installing XF.

Xenforo 1.1

1. Create XF database.
2. Buy XF License for Xenforo
3. Install Xenforo
4. Import vb4.1.7 to XF 1.04
5. Install vb4 redirection scripts.
6. Upgrade XF 1.04 to XF 1.1.03 Beta
7. Convert credits from vBCredits to XFCredits
8. Convert vb Blogs to XF Blogs. Add members old blogs.
9. Install XFArcade and add games.
10. Install XenMedio and add members old videos.
11. Upgrade Photopost, drop vBulletin tables then integrate photopost with Xenforo.
12. Install Arrowchat, integrate with Xenforo.
13. Buy a wordpress integration add-on license. Integrate Xenforo with Wordpress.
14. Install XFPorta for XF Forum Home. Add modules.
15. Add XF Link directory, XenWiki and Events

vBulletin 4 Importer
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer.5726/

Paul M. said:
Extra Features of Importer

* Import of vb4 post attachments.
* Import of Social Group Images to a set of threads viewable by Staff only.
* Import of Albums, as attachments, to a set of threads viewable by Staff only.
* Import of Social Groups, Blogs & Articles (including all attachments) to a set of forums viewable by Staff only.
* Improved progress display, based on actual amount of data to import.
* Import of positive reputation as post likes (as of xf 1.0.1 this has been added to the vb3 importer as well).

After which use Import Redirection
http://xenforo.com/help/import-redirection/

In conjunction with vBulletin 4 Redirection Script
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.7584/

Only forums, threads, posts and attachments are redirected.

The chap who wrote the VB4 importer got a job working for vB - so as a "side effect" he couldn't spare the time to work on the importer. Someone else has picked up the gauntlet though and is writing a VB4 importer, so I don't expect it to be long before a 1.1 compatible importer is around.

However, what you can do in the mean time is grab a copy of 1.04 - import vb4 into that and then upgrade to 1.1 beta 3.

Edit: Which re-reading your post, is what you're doing anyway! d'oh.

Thanks Jake! Too bad I can't convert Custom User Fields with Paul's importer. MGSteve, I would love to wait for that other guy's importer but he's taking too long and I'm in a hurry. I will have to manually add custom user fields and thread tags then.

Depending on your coding skills and how much they changed from vb3.8, you may be able to reuse the importer code from v3.8 anyway for the custom profile fields.

At least they exist in XF now, even if the vb4 importer doesn't bring them over.

Hi,

I have a question regarding this. I imported a vb 3.8x forum into XF1.13. In the vb forum, I had also albums. Thise did not get imported, which I knew already beforehand. This is fine with me. But if I look now in my oly directory of vb 3.8x, i do not see anyore the attachements there ( they have been stored outside of the db because they were too many).

Is the XF import script moving the attachements to a different directory? If yes where? and where do I find in vb 3.8x directory the the jpegs of the vb albums?

Thanks

Attachments failed in my import because they were done outside the system. I manually reuploaded people's attachments. What a nightmare.

Is the XF import script moving the attachements to a different directory? If yes where? and where do I find in vb 3.8x directory the the jpegs of the vb albums?

The import doesn't touch the source data.

Check the storage option for albums in vB's admin cp:

Admin CP -> User Albums -> Album Picture Storage Type

The import doesn't touch the source data.

Check the storage option for albums in vB's admin cp:

Admin CP -> User Albums -> Album Picture Storage Type

o.k., it seems that these are still stored in the db. In the ACP it is checked: "Move pictures into the file system without direct access to thumbnails".

Any idea how I do get these album pictures out of the db on to my local harddrive?

Top Bottom