1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about migration from vBulletin to Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Keyser Soze, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze New Member

I am planning to migrate several big vBulletin forums to Xenforo and after doing some research there are still a few open questions:
    • Does the official Xenforo-importer import the smilie-list from vBulletin 3/4? According to https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/vbulletin_4-png.89672/ it looks like it doesn't.
    • Does the official Xenforo-importer import the vBulletin tags (since tags are an official feature of Xenforo now)? This is a must-have for me because my forums are heavily tagged and most SEO-hits are coming from tags-pages. But according to https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/vbulletin_4-png.89672/ it looks like the official importer is unable to do that.
    • Is it possible to block email-adress-domains in Xenforo's admin options? In vBulletin there's a big textbox where I can enter all domains that I don't want to register in my forum (like @temporaryinbox.com, @spamgourmet.com etc). I am not talking about blocking single email adresses, but whole domains.

2. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Yes, you can block the whole domain. (*@spamgourmet.com)

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze New Member

Where exactly can I find that option? I have created a demo admin account here on Xenforo.com and in "Options > Spam Management" and "Options > User Registration" there is no such option.

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze New Member

Ah ok I found it on "Users > Banned Email Addresses".

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The smiley list is not imported, you just need to set them up in XF to match.

Tags are not imported yet.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze New Member

Manually inserting more than 250 smilies in 7 categories will take some time, but ok I can live with that (although vBulletin was always able to import smilies from other forum software).
    What does "yet" mean. Is this a feature on your todo-list? If yes, when can I expect that to be possible?

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The ability to import tags (from vBulletin 3.7 and above and IPB 3.2 and above) has been added to an upcoming update. I would currently estimate this to be released within the next week or two.

Keyser Soze likes this.
  8. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze New Member

That's very good news. (y)