• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Questions about migration from vBulletin to Xenforo

I am planning to migrate several big vBulletin forums to Xenforo and after doing some research there are still a few open questions:
  • Does the official Xenforo-importer import the smilie-list from vBulletin 3/4? According to https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/vbulletin_4-png.89672/ it looks like it doesn't.
  • Does the official Xenforo-importer import the vBulletin tags (since tags are an official feature of Xenforo now)? This is a must-have for me because my forums are heavily tagged and most SEO-hits are coming from tags-pages. But according to https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/vbulletin_4-png.89672/ it looks like the official importer is unable to do that.
  • Is it possible to block email-adress-domains in Xenforo's admin options? In vBulletin there's a big textbox where I can enter all domains that I don't want to register in my forum (like @temporaryinbox.com, @spamgourmet.com etc). I am not talking about blocking single email adresses, but whole domains.

whynot

Is it possible to block email-adress-domains in Xenforo's admin options? In vBulletin there's a big textbox where I can enter all domains that I don't want to register in my forum (like @temporaryinbox.com, @spamgourmet.com etc). I am not talking about blocking single email adresses, but whole domains.
Yes, you can block the whole domain. (*@spamgourmet.com)

You may use * to represent wildcards. If you do not use any wildcards, they will automatically be added where appropriate.

Yes, you can block the whole domain. (*@spamgourmet.com)
You may use * to represent wildcards. If you do not use any wildcards, they will automatically be added where appropriate.
Where exactly can I find that option? I have created a demo admin account here on Xenforo.com and in "Options > Spam Management" and "Options > User Registration" there is no such option.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The smiley list is not imported, you just need to set them up in XF to match.

Tags are not imported yet.

The smiley list is not imported, you just need to set them up in XF to match.
Manually inserting more than 250 smilies in 7 categories will take some time, but ok I can live with that (although vBulletin was always able to import smilies from other forum software).
Tags are not imported yet.
What does "yet" mean. Is this a feature on your todo-list? If yes, when can I expect that to be possible?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
The ability to import tags (from vBulletin 3.7 and above and IPB 3.2 and above) has been added to an upcoming update. I would currently estimate this to be released within the next week or two.