What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

It will be a lot easier the day you can simply impute

ns1.example.com
ns2.example.com
ns3.example.com
ns4.example.com
ns5.example.com
ns6.example.com
ns7.example.com
ns8.example.com
ns9.example.com
ns10
ns11
ns12

Rather than having to configure ever IP or CNAME

For CNAME pointing? Not sure if I'm following the suggestion here. We wouldn't work the way you're suggestion would, if I'm understanding it properly, because our service works through DNS & DNS has to point to us in some way.

Hey, Damon, any chance of a bug report form for non beta features, or atleast, an entry on the bug form that doesn't relate to them? For stuff like UI bugs and the likes? Possibly even a suggestions thing?

Just a quick reminder that we have started broadcasting out over some new CloudFlare IPs. We would strongly recommend updating your firewall and server allow rules to make sure that connections from CloudFlare's IPs are accepted by your server.

I've just converted over from Memcahced to Xcache but my forum keeps logging out randomly. I applied the fix here https://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/XenForo which worked for Memcached but doesn't seem to work with Xcache. I'm running apache on windows.

Code:
$config['cache'] = array(
    'enabled' => true,
    'frontend' => 'Core',
    'frontendOptions' => array(
            'caching' => true,
            'automatic_serialization' => false,
            'cache_id_prefix' => 'you_prefix_',
            'lifetime' => 18000
    ),
    'backend' => 'Xcache',
    'backendOptions' => array(),
    'cacheSessions' => true
);

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xcache-config-for-dummies-like-me.29137/#post-337011

I'm not using any code at the moment but getting some sort of result. o_O

Capture-XCACHE.webp

Capture-xcache2.webp

Any ideas?

I had the same issue with people being logged out when caching the session. I removed cachesessions from the config, and haven't had any problems since.

Thanks Matt i ended up with this in the end. (y)

PHP:
$config['cache'] = array(
    'enabled' => true,
    'frontend' => 'Core',
    'frontendOptions' => array(
            'caching' => true,
            'automatic_serialization' => false,
            'cache_id_prefix' => 'you_prefix_',
            'lifetime' => 18000
    ),
    'backend' => 'Xcache'
);

Set it up on April 7 and 8, for testing on our major sites. Still getting a rare DNS display glitch from CloudFlare, but most things are fully functional. Analytics shows that one of our sites is actually getting more uniques. Neat.

Set it up on April 7 and 8, for testing on our major sites. Still getting a rare DNS display glitch from CloudFlare, but most things are fully functional. Analytics shows that one of our sites is actually getting more uniques. Neat.

Hi Gene,
Hello again;-)

Just another quick note with CloudFlare updates:
We now support Non-Latin characters in the UI.
Dreamhost is now a CloudFlare partner as well.

Note: If you're already active on CloudFlare, you don't want to also activate the panel option at a hosting partner as well (can only be one or the other).

Out of curiosity, how does cloudflare work with attachments that require user authentication? I'm guessing this won't go through the CDN unless an addon is developed?

XenForo uses readfile() to output attachments, so without an addon I'd say it's near impossible for CloudFlare to cover this and still maintain XenForo's security. I'd be very interested to see this addon developed though, perhaps I'll look into it myself provided that the cloudflare API offers sufficient functionality to securely offer files to authenticated users.

Are there a lot more crawlers and attackers focusing on CloudFlare from these analytics, or is it just my sites they are after...?

From the last 7 days....
cloudflare_analytics.webp

Top Bottom