XF 1.5 What is awaiting email confirmation

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The user who registered has not yet clicked the link in the email they received to verify their account.

You can manually verify if you wish but I typically never do that and if they haven't verified within 1 month, delete the account.

Umar Asari

For some users its working fine but for Some users verification still showing awaiting also after Confirming verification mail, what could be the reason?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Those users will have received some sort of message indicating the link didn't work. What does that message say? Does it still happen if they re-request verification and click the link in the new email?

Umar Asari

Those users will have received some sort of message indicating the link didn't work. What does that message say? Does it still happen if they re-request verification and click the link in the new email?
They have ho permission to write anywhere and In admin panel it's still says awaiting email confirmation on their profile.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I was asking what message they receive when they try to confirm their account. And what if they re-request the verification?

Can you provide an example verification link?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
They get that when they click the link in the email?

Can you provide me with an example URL?

Umar Asari

Sir,
When some users click on the confirmation link it opens in browser and says:
Islaah e Ummat Forum - error
Your account could not be confirmed

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can only guess that the confirmation key included in that URL has been removed or superseded (as only 1 is valid at a time for a user). This is fitting with you saying it works for some people. Re-requesting the confirmation email (and clicking the link in that email) should resolve it.

Umar Asari

I can only guess that the confirmation key included in that URL has been removed or superseded (as only 1 is valid at a time for a user). This is fitting with you saying it works for some people. Re-requesting the confirmation email (and clicking the link in that email) should resolve it.
Sir, is there any other easy way to registration????