XF 2.2 How do you handle users with Awaiting Email Confirmation?

ekool

I've been checking a lot of our new user registrations lately. While many of them are spammers, some of them are legitimate accounts. I've verified via our email provider that the emails are going through. They just must be sitting in a spam folder, a social network folder, or something of the sort.

What is everyone doing to handle this situation? I'm thinking of a multi-tiered approach.

After a couple of days after their registration, if they still haven't finished the verification, do the following:

• Send a private message with instructions, reminding them to check spam folder, etc. and if not, to use the contact us form to get the account going.
  • Put up a notice visible only to that usergroup with the same information above

Are there modifications to handle stuff like this? I searched and was unable to really find anything to handle this situation more gracefully then just letting the account sit there and the user possibly frustrated that they don't know why they can't participate. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

Just make sure you have a functioning contact page and let the user follow up if they cannot access their account.

If they log in with their account in a state of awaiting email confirmation, the forum will let them know and instruct them on how to complete activation.

1716249316096.webp

... so just let them sort it out themselves or contact you for help.

What is the proper link to resend confirmation email, I want to add that to my notices....
Go to their account in the admin cp. Under actions you'll see a link to resend activation email. Have a look at that - you may be able to copy it and replace the user id using notice variables.

Create a test user account (I have one on every forum I set up), change their user state to "Awaiting email confirmation" and then log in as that user - you'll see the message above and the link to resend account confirmation.

Either way, it is <forum root>/account-confirmation/resend

Create a test user account (I have one on every forum I set up), change their user state to "Awaiting email confirmation" and then log in as that user - you'll see the message above and the link to resend account confirmation.

Either way, it is <forum root>/account-confirmation/resend

Awesome, thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom