What format do you use in "Convert URLs to Page Titles?"

What format do you use in "Convert URLs to Page Titles?"

• I leave "Convert URLs to Page Titles" off.

• I leave "Page Title Format" blank and it just includes the page title.

• I include both {title} and {url}. <--- Please reply with the Page Title Format string you use.

• I'm a freak who does some other option <--- Please reply to explain your freakiness.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForestForTrees

Hello, I just upgraded to 1.5.4 (too many margaritas to drink; I'm a laggard, I suppose).

What settings are people using for "Convert URLs to Page Titles?"

Specifically, what string do you put into the "Page Title Format" textbox? The instructions say,
Use the textbox above to specify a format. {title} will be replaced with the fetched page title and {url} will be replaced with the original URL. If no format is entered, the title itself will be displayed.

Here's a screenshot:
upload_2016-1-5_14-47-39.webp

I'm considering the following:
  1. {title}
  2. [{title}]({url}) <--- this one inspired by MarkDown
  3. {title} ({url})
I'd love people's suggestions, but I bet people are just curious what others are doing. I'm leaning toward option 3 as it's a bit clearer and my users aren't technical.

Another option I'm considering is {url} ({title}). I like this one because it keeps the thing that the user actually input - the URL - as the first thing.

I ended up going with {url} ({title}). I love it because it is intuitive in that the title in parenthesis explains the URL as a parenthetical comment is meant to do. Also, it is less intrusive, so if someone pastes in a URL, that is the first thing they see.

Thanks for the feedback from poll answerers.

I ended up going with {url} ({title}). I love it because it is intuitive in that the title in parenthesis explains the URL as a parenthetical comment is meant to do. Also, it is less intrusive, so if someone pastes in a URL, that is the first thing they see.

Thanks for the feedback from poll answerers.
I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for taking the time to post.

I added the {title}
but it shows up the page title and forum name.

I just wanted the page title or thread title.
Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom