XF 2.0 Convert URLs to page titles

JoyFreak

I don't know what is going on here but I am posting internal links and it is not converting URLs to page titles, only external urls work. I am 100% sure it used to work, so I don't know what has happened or what I have done. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Yes it did work for internal URLs. However I've just tested it on XF 1.5.2.1 and XF 2.0.9 and it no longer works (and I did double check that I had "Convert URLs to page titles" ticked. Is this a new bug @Chris D?

We don't have it switched on here but have just enabled it temporarily to test (it should work)...

XF 2.0 - Embed Error

EDIT: And it does.

Typically this kind of thing would be down to the configuration of the server. For example, if your own server can't resolve your domain name internally to an IP address or the server can't route back in on that IP address without being blocked by a firewall.

Got the same problem.

We are using Cloudflare, you think it needs a custom rule of some sort to make this work?
DNS resolving should work fine...

Typically this kind of thing would be down to the configuration of the server. For example, if your own server can't resolve your domain name internally to an IP address or the server can't route back in on that IP address without being blocked by a firewall.
Thanks. I checked on my main website and it's working fine, it's just my test site (and 2.0 on my laptop) that isn't, so I'll look into getting those sorted. (y)

For information for anyone else who encounters this - the problem on my test site is because it is in a password protected directory (so only I have access) and it's that the prevents the convert URL to title from working. With no directory protection, it functions as expected.

For information for anyone else who encounters this - the problem on my test site is because it is in a password protected directory (so only I have access) and it's that the prevents the convert URL to title from working. With no directory protection, it functions as expected.

What directory is that?
How do you set a password for a directory? Did not think this is possible. My site is live and everyone can access it as normal https://www.gnonline.net and all the files sit in public_html so where am I exactly looking for this password protection?

What directory is that?
How do you set a password for a directory? Did not think this is possible. My site is live and everyone can access it as normal https://www.gnonline.net and all the files sit in public_html so where am I exactly looking for this password protection?
See this:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-duplicate-a-live-site-to-use-as-a-test-site.2792/

Specifically

You can do that with .htaccess - copy the instructions here but apply it to the directory where the test installation is located instead: Protecting admin.php and the install directory using .htaccess

What so you had the following in your .htaccess in you forum route directory:

<Files admin.php>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "ACP"
AuthUserFile "path/to/passwd/file"
Require valid-user
</Files>

What so you had the following in your .htaccess in you forum route directory:

<Files admin.php>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "ACP"
AuthUserFile "path/to/passwd/file"
Require valid-user
</Files>
Instructions are in those resources, you need to ask questions in those discussion threads.

I'm using Nginx anyway, not Apache, so my solution is different. :)

Well "For information for anyone else who encounters this" is not really helpful.
The reason it wasn't working was in my case (and it also turns out in the duderuud's case too) that our sites were in password protected directories. So my "For information for anyone else who encounters this" post IS helpful as it clearly states what the problem was for us.

Your question (how do you password protect a directory) is completely unrelated to what this thread is about, which is why you wouldn't have found it helpful. I suggest you go and post in the relevant threads relating to what you want to get the help you require.

In order to remove a password protected .htaccess, it would have to be there in the first place and by default installation there is no protection. So this solution is not the one for me.

the OP is me. I am the one having the issues lol.

Yeah nice one changing your post to not look stupid.

Last edited:
Just bringing this back up, everything works as it should do on my forum however when a link is added to a Profile Post it remains just that, a text link.
Is there a way of setting it so that it displays a hyperlinked page title instead of just a text link?

How it displays now:

Thanks,

Top Bottom