What does xF need to have before you move from your current platform?

LOL Michael, I have you in a corner now !!

You better run that SQL query to delete all those Xrumer spammers who have dumped thousands of links in forum user profiles !!

I haven't had any issue with spambots being able to register in this software yet... so not sure its warranted or needed actually. Maybe Kier or Mike could add to why? Is it the jquery that stops them? Is it purely the option that they confirm their email? 100k+ of visitors and only about 5 spammers since changing, all of which had to confirm their email and got a few posts in and got caught and removed in seconds.
I suspect it's simply the fact that we are a smaller target right now, so the spammers haven't spent much effort breaking through our protections yet.

I suspect it's simply the fact that we are a smaller target right now, so the spammers haven't spent much effort breaking through our protections yet.

Wait till the first movie sites start converting, for no apparent reason they get heavily targeted .... just checking 15,763 members, wonder when they will work out 1. they don't get sig links, 2. no one is actually posting on the site ;)

I would think a bit differently. Since xenforo.com is only a few months old, probably spammers have not known about this website yet but if your website has been around for years and targeted heavily by spammers, changing a new software wouldn't stop them at the door knocking right?

Top Bottom