What does xF need to have before you move from your current platform?

Anyone can nullify Xrumer or any other forum spam program with a 2 minute configuration change in vB. It's something lacking here, but I imagine it will be possible eventually.

Spearheading an anti-Xrumer campaign is a ridiculous waste of time.

You mean enabling the human question module Michael ??

If so yes, but that does not stop them from hitting your server from dedicated servers and thousands of open proxy IP's, as you know you need a firewall to stop them before they hit your who's online list.

These guys are doing a great job stopping Xrumer spam bot operators, they do have an API you can plug into your firewall if you have a competent technical administrator on your staff.

www.botscout.com

It's not my idea, it's keyword moderation.

Auto-moderating these: $,email,e-mail,mail,www,http,url on users with less than 2 posts will stop virtually all spam posts from being visible.

Or, you can go on a crusade and spend your life chasing ghosts.

When I enabled the human question module it virtually eliminated all spambot registrations without your example.

At the same time I would rather have a firewall to keep these low life's from hitting the apps on the server in the first place.

PS: Thank you for the data M.

No.
Who cares?

They can be prevented from posting messages your real users can see, that's all I care about.

So what do you do about Xrumer morons who simply want to join a million times and dump links in homepage and signature link slots without ever making one post ?

Infraction system, Easy Forms support, Photo/Reviewpost support. I think that's it.

PS: we also need conditionals to show different banners and stuff per (sub)forum.

Most of the things exist now. What I am waiting on is the Banner Rotation system, an article system, and AWJunkies subscriptions system. Also waiting on a skin.

I might go ahead and move when the Banner system is ready.

i need to have the insurance , that that darn lawsuit from my current software developer
does not give me any problems in the future.
example after i bought the XF software
i dont want to be stuck with brand new software and a company that
cant or may not continue developing due to that lawsuit
so i take the time,drink a beer (heineken) and wait until everthing is save
believe somewhere in januari ?
and than im released of that bundle of bugs i have now:)

To heck with the law suit, we already have four licences and have moved our main chat site ;)

The feed back I'm getting from another product is Xen lacks an integrated gallery option. I don't overly use the galley myself so am not concerned. Also would like an arcade option, but no one seems to be missing the old one go figure.

question answer on signup during registration im hoping is coming soon before the spammers strike my board. Its working 100% on my vB

Some of these may be present and I apologize if I just haven't found them yet.

Needs:
  • Easy (and deep!) Adsense integration (without template edits)
  • xml sitemap generator
  • Sidebar 'blocks' that can be customized via ACP
  • Paul's Auto Database Backup
  • Notices
  • Exclude forum(s) from main external RSS
Wants:
  • AME or AME type video embedding via automatic link parse.
  • CDN integration via ACP (Images, avatars, attachments)
  • blogs or way to port vB blogs to WP or threads
  • Social bookmarks
  • xF to twitter automatic thread post
  • DownloadsII
Long Shot:
  • xFSEO (it's a lot more than friendly URLs, my site was relatively static for 4 years with a friendly URL mod and tripled it's traffic with vBSEO in one year)
  • xF Blogs with vB import

I haven't had any issue with spambots being able to register in this software yet... so not sure its warranted or needed actually. Maybe Kier or Mike could add to why? Is it the jquery that stops them? Is it purely the option that they confirm their email? 100k+ of visitors and only about 5 spammers since changing, all of which had to confirm their email and got a few posts in and got caught and removed in seconds.

Top Bottom