What does XF have that vB3 doesn't?

This discussion is getting off topic for the thread.

To quote the OP:
I'm trying to sell the idea of XF to my users - so far I have mentioned notifications.

Can you think of anything else XF has that vB3 doesn't and might be worth mentioning?

This is not the thread to discuss how much add-ons cost. The price of an add-on is up to the author, and you need to respect this wishes. If you want to see something in the core, suggest it or like an open suggestion.

man, I m telling my feeling as an ordinary end user about vb3 vs xenforo. not from a programer's view
You don't need to be a programmer to make money selling addons. All I was saying is it sounds like a huge business opportunity for you. You hire a programmer to build whatever it is you want built that you feel is overpriced from other developers. You then have something you can use, and on *top* of it, you own the rights to it, so you can sell it to others.

If addons worth $5 are being sold for $50, you may want to consider funding the development of competitors to those addons, then selling them for $40. You would still be getting 8x more than what they are worth. Purely from a business standpoint, it makes sense for you to do that.

This is not the thread to discuss how much add-ons cost. The price of an add-on is up to the author, and you need to respect this wishes. If you want to see something in the core, suggest it or like an open suggestion.
just read this thread when watching football game, pure my own feeling, not intend to offense anybody

It is a disadvantage that major addons are not offered as official supported addons. This means that if you want to give your members similar functionality as vbulletin then you will need to use a lot of third party addons and in many cases stack custom function upon custom function. This is a shaky foundation to build upon. But at least its a modern platform with a future.

Top Bottom