XF 1.4 what does bypass flood check mean?

Just toying with permissions here and trying to figure out why my members cannot edit their posts anymore...starting with this one, what does bypass flood check mean?

The bypass flood check permission relates to whether or not a user is subject to the flood timer when making posts.

e.g. If enabled, by default, you can only submit one post every 30 seconds. If you have the ability to bypass the flood check you can continuously post without restriction.

Hint: You don't want your members to have that ;)

Editing posts relates to the edit post permission and edit post time limit. First place to check is the Analyze Permissions feature in the Admin CP > Users page.

Thank you, good to know...have made sure the bypass is not allowed! :D

I have analyzed permissions, and it says yes for edit post by self, and yet they still can't edit their own posts for some reason...they always could before, it's just now that suddenly they can't!

Any other ideas?

It shouldn't be necessary.

Go to Analyze Permissions, click the "Node Permissions" tab. Enter the username of an affected user and also select a forum where they can't edit their own posts.

Look down the list for:

Edit post by self
and
Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes)

In the second column it will list the final value of the permission, and have a "Details" link. Click the "Details" link and screenshot all of that and post it here. That should tell us what has gone wrong.

I thought so, I just wanted to double check.

Are the posts they are trying to edit over 5 minutes old? Because the time limit to edit their own posts is 5 minutes. After 5 minutes they will no longer be able to edit or delete the posts.

You could use Admin CP > Users > Batch Update Users.

You'll need to go through each of your Primary User Groups and search to see if there are any users in any of the groups. If there are, you can change them back to Registered using the next screen.

Yes, I did some individual user permissions that I think I shoudln't have...might have made things difficult on myself there. I appreciate your help very much...

Another question...with regards to analyzing permissions, what does "content wide" mean? I am trying to set up a staff room section for conent contributors, blogs and the like, but for some reason it indicates content wide in the category and forum as revoked.

Top Bottom